Lack of color

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
So sunny was really yellow on the head a few days ago. Now he is not kind of gray yellow color very drained i dont know whats wrong or if there is anything wrong PLease help me
Also he is eating everyday he eats 4 superworms 15 phoenix worms and he has freeze dried crickets and veggies all day he goes to the bathroom every day sometime twice a day. He moves around but he is not always active just sits in his basking spot and sometimes goes up in his tree or on the cool side of the tank. I have a water dish in his cage as well and yes he does use it mostly lays in it. He just got out of shed and is still shedding his legs and tail i dont know if his head shed i know his jaw line did but i never saw head shape shed but i dont know if his head would shed different than the rest of him. I give him calcium on his crickets and salad but because he doesnt eat much phoenix worms which are high in calcium i may start putting calcium on his supers. He has been gaining weight like gang busters he was 34kg on the 7 or 11th and now is 72kg i dont know what could be wrong he as a repti glow now his other fixture broke and yes i know repti glow isnt that great but i am saving money to get him a new light an Arcadia D3+ Reptile Fluorescent Bulb so i heard those are great lights and he has a good temp in his cage 96 air temp which is cooler than the basking temp from what i understand i am still trying to prefect his heat situation its not constant like i know it should be for some reason the bulb got cooler since we got it..dont know why so please any ideas?

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I added some to them post i figured i should have gave a bit more information after posting but no not a repti sun it was broken about a week and a few days ago and he was fine until about sunday morning then he looks different and yes i bathe often and he is finishing shed but i dont know if his head would shed after the rest of him though i have not found any head shaped shed

thedragonkeeper

Hatchling Member
Well, be sure to get that UVB light as soon as possible. If you don't have money (like me) then take him out for natural sunlight for at least 30 minutes every day. I think that is the problem. Sometimes, you don't find the shed, cuz it gets trampled or crushed. Beardies may also shed parts of their bodies at different times.

Hope this helped, Peter

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will try taking him out every day but since i live in seattle area i dont think he will get much sun but i will tryi may have to bring his heat lamp with him :lol:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
supposed to snow here in colorado tomorrow so no sun for my two and they love being outside in sunshine

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Snow already wow. I love snow a ton love it but it snowed allot last year and we lost power for about 3 days sunny would not make it through that so i really hope that it does not happen although my dads snakes made it. He slept with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom