Kuma may be sick from his ordeal yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
As some of you may have seen or read in the Tales section, i had a little incident with Kuma. Iv'e also updated with pictures detailing our journey.
Story
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=124875

We'll this morning, when i awoke, Kuma was still in his slumber, when i tapped on the glass he opened his eye, i waited about an hour n he was still in his burrow. When i lifted his half trunk I immediately noticed his colors weren't normal. He now has a very bright yellowy/Orange color. I have a picture and if you notice the end of his tail where its darker. that is his normal color. Not the bright shade he has now. I also noticed he had slightly pooped in his sleep! :?:

He's now finally moved a bit, ran on to his log but he seems slightly weakend, he finally ran up to his basking spot where he is now laying but I'm sure he's not well. He hasn't eatin his greens like he usually would in the morning like a mad man. The few times i brought a leaf to his face he reached out for it vaguely but didn't grab it. Im concerned! :(

I wish there was some one near me that i could borrow some reptaid from :?

Last night when i found him finally, i brought him in, he basked normally again and had a nice cricket meal. I figured he'd be ok.

I think what have happened was that while he was on his little escape journey, he may have been licking around to figure out his environment and may have either licked something not good or even eating a bad bug? :(

Heres a pic of his color presently, notice what his real colors are like, toward the end of his tail.
nqutxx.jpg

znvadw.jpg

Normal kuma
34j9dt4.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I suggest keeping an eye on him. Also, if you think he's not acting normally, you could take him to an experienced reptile vet and get him xray'd. Also, he could always be stressed out from that adventure.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea that sucks, My car has been in the shop since tuesday, I'm dying to get it back and i just wont be able to get him to a vet anytime soon. :(
I hope he can manage for the time being. I just gave him a warm bath, he began pooping and it wasnt very solid. Still hasn't eaten but i will keep offering him collards all day, like iv'e been doing. He seemed fine last night. Hopefully he improves into the weekend. My petmountain order is scheduled to arrive Monday! I can't get that damn ReptiSun bulb fast enough! Nobody in the area sells that particular bulb. :evil:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Kuma turned in and burrowed to go to sleep at around 5oclock. I turned his lights off. I don't know what to make of it. I guess, i just hope with some rest, tommorrow can be a better, more eventful and healthier day for him. :(

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
After not eating anything at all yesterday and calling it a day early, from being very sluggish and barely basking and with his head down at that. Kuma seems to have made a full recovery!!! :mrgreen:

He came out by himself this morning, His colors are dark and normal again, He ate collard greens like usual, ate some crickets and is now basking with his head up again in a more lively head tilting manner!!!! He even drank water like a champ from my hand dripper!

I gave him a bath yesterday in his fragile state. He even began pooping in my hand as i was about to put him back in his viv :puke: Since i didnt get to dry him i just brought him right into his cage and he pooped in there on the sand while the top half of his body was holding on to my hand :lol:, I then brought him back in the water to fully bathe and dry him off.
Shortly after that he called it a day! Today he seems back at it after a nice 16-18 hour sleep!!!! :D 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom