Kuma is gone forever.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry: I decided (God knows why) to take Kuma outside n sit on the front stairs with him n let him bask on my hand for a little while. He then decides to jump out of my hand into the garden on the side of the stairs where it's super bushy! I panicked and ran down the stairs n into the bushes. I saw him n moved some bushes out of the way to reach out for him and he then ran under the concrete stair case...... :evil: :cry:

Iv'e yet to see him! I grabbed a flashlight and a little shovel but no luck!

God please watch over my little Kuma even if i never get to him again.....

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry to hear this :( You can try bringing out what ever u keep you feeders in to lewer him in or his fav treatsomething from his viv or his entire viv use extension cord and turn lights on .
Good luck...keep us posted.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Pull that house apart! Pull the stairs away or something cause he is in there. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYERS!!!! I am happy to announce that little Kumanoko is now safe and back in his viv again, basking in the daylamp!!!!

This happened at around 2:45pm Eastern time. right after the situation i explained above happened, i sat on the stairs very vigilantely hoping to hear him russell out of either end n back out since the concerete stair cases are very cold, it's probably about 20-30 degrees colder under there and he should be basking not hiding. I also knew that if I wasn't able to get him out soon and before night that it would probably be his final resting place since because # 1. it's just too cold for him and #2 the cold and darkness would promote his body to not be able to move much and go into auto night sleep mode which would mean that overnight he would sleep his way into inevitable eternal sleep! :(

So I decided to call my boy who gave me little Kuma, explained what happened, and he said he would come by with some gardening equip to try n help. finally at around 5:30pm he comes buy. We then took to each side of the stair case with flash lights trying to assess where exactly he could be. about 20 minutes in we figured he was tucked up under the front, near the first stair. We saw 2 cement blocks tucked to each corner of the stairs near the front and figured that was the only place he could be unless he had managed to sneak out during the times i had to run in the house between the time my friend got to my house.

To our relief (especially mine) with our faces literally flat on the dirt, on each side of the stair case, stretched out flat on the damp, wet, soil from the previous 5 days of non stop rain. I managed, with my flashlight, to just see Kuma's little face poking out from between the first stair case wall and the cement block way at the front, through the narrow crevice of visibility we had.

My buddy then got a long flexible tree branch on his side of the stair case and i was able to guide him from the other side, over the block and to the back side of Kuma's tail so he could carefully poke or shake and attemp to flush him out. Kuma finally came out from his little garage like burrow between the block and stairs. My buddy then gently was able to drag and walk him towards the crevice opening and kuma seemed to just have given up and let us grab him!!!! He was cold and probably shaken up from ordeal. I immediatelly brought him into his viv to bask in the lamp and warm up. his limbs and body were very cold and slightly imobile. He's now warmed up and has chased and taken down about 15-20 crickets and seems to be doing great!!!!

I had just given him a bath last night :x :wink: :lol: He's getting another tonight before bed wether he likes it or not though!!!

Im just so glad he's back, safe and sound!

Thanks for the replys by the way and I'm very grateful and pleased to be able to bring back a full rescue story and not bad news!!!!!!!!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will try to take pics tommorrow of the situation, how it looked and try to snap where he was hiding!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MALIBUSMOM":pzrom452 said:
Great news....the first of many adventures..I'm sure! :)
Thanks, great news indeed! I certainly hope this is the last adventure of this kind. Next time he may not be so lucky but next time he will be LEASHED! :lol:

Beardie09: Yes it was extremely scary. The scariest thought would have been me having to forfeit the rescue/search, coming in the house, sitting here posting about it and knowing he's outside all cold on his death bed! :(
Thank god he's now in his viv burrowing his bed, about to go to sleep as we speak!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
When I saw the title, I thought "oh, no! what happened!" I'm glad to come home to hear that he's fine! I am glad you decided, like we did, to take them outside with a leash, always. The two we have now we don't dare take them out without their leashes. The first 2 we had never went anywhere while outside, except once. Miss O heard the school bus backing up one afternoon and freaked out. That was the only thing she was ever scared of. Once she heard it and I was inside, my husband was outside but not close enough. We heard the bus and he said "school bus!" and ran around to where she was only to find 'no Miss O' We looked for her all afternoon and into the evening. We never found her. She did come back the next morning when she warmed up. She knew where to go to wait for us to come out to pick her up. I went to go out the front door the next morning about 11am and I saw something like this:
missOinflowers.jpg

She was just looking at me trustingly knowing I would come and pick her up.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow beardie parents! Thats nuts! My little one is only about 8 months or so, so he would have been a lost cause. Besides although its getting warmer outside here it's far from suitable. Once my neighbor told me that the night before the temp was 29 i knew i had to find KUMA before sun down! Wow at being able to leave your beardie outside like that unattended and wow even more at finding her again the next morning! Amazing!!!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Miss O knew us by that time and trusted us. She was an adult and was smart and both of them knew right where the front door was to go into the house. We did have a problem like you did with another beardie we named Sandstone. She (he?) was about 4 months when we got her and we had her for 4 months when my husband had her outside and was continuously watching her and doing yard work. He looked away and right back again and she was gone. The night time temps was down to about 32 that night. We never saw her again. That's why we don't take Rosie and Goldie outside without a leash during the day. They do go outside breefly on our shoulder when we do something quickly but they stay on our shoulders then.

We had another situation just like your's when Rosie had only been with us for a couple of weeks, she was about the same size as your's. I took her outside in my hands and she freeked out and jumped out of my hands and under the steps to our house. Thankfully we got her out quickly within minutes.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh i was so happy to see you found him i read your post yesterday but the site wouldnt let me post. Id buy a leash for that little guy. So he cant get away again. We almost lost one over the fence after that i alway us a leash or put them in the clear rubermade tub so they can still get the sun. Im so happy for you that had to be so scary.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie: Im sorry to hear about your 4month old, R.I.P. little one :( and thanks for your replies and support!

Freeie: It was indeed scary, more so knowing he was so close and that i may not have been able to do anything about it, would have killed me! I checked the temps outside in the early am, they were at 31 :shock:
I was so happy this morning to look in the Viv and see Kuma snuggled up snoozing!
Thanks for the support Freeie!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Heres pictures detailing the events

here's where we were sitting and Kuma jumped and ran off....

or1d8y.jpg

This is where i ran into the bushes and saw Kuma before he ran under the stairs when i went to reach for him, this is also the side and space where my friend would be, laying down with his branch, attempting to flush out kuma blindly and ever so gently with my directions.
975s93.jpg

This is where I went, around to the otherside of the stairs where i had more space and visibility to try and locate exactly where kuma was hiding and guide my friend with his branch to flush him out!
vglaa8.jpg

Upclose of my visibility crevice
ve3ksy.jpg

Where i finally spotted him and he was hiding behind....
2eq6fwl.jpg

sx0yzc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom