Koopa - Injured Front Right Limb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome! I am happy to help out. I am sure the extra calcium will help him heal up quickly.
At least he has improved quite a bit now also. :D Hopefully soon he will be able to put more weight on it.
I know, it is hard when there are not any vets around, or within several hours anyway!
Definitely let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

drpayne1990

Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

It's been a while. Koopa has been very well, but seems like brumation has kicked in. This means his eating has gone down significantly, and seems like his leg is playing up more than usual again.

We haven't had to use the liquid because he was eating the powder with his food. I have looked over your instructions and you mention that we only have to give him .02 for his size. I'm just wondering if this was a mistake and should have been closer to .20?

Kind regards,
Payne

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What was the strength/concentration of the Zocal again? I can double check but pretty sure I figured it correctly via his bodyweight.
You could go up a bit, say to .05ml, a little extra wont hurt him. The solution was pretty strong if I remember right.
He is brumating now? I am glad he has been doing pretty well, too bad his leg started bothering him a little again.
How is his weight, overall now?

Tracie

drpayne1990

Original Poster
Hey All,

Looks like this problem may have escalated.. For the first time since I noticed this issue, Koopa's arm is actually inflamed. I must admit I haven't been giving him the calcium liquid that much and I don't feel great about that...

Apart from not really putting pressure on his arm, he seems to be eating well and actually quite energetic. I've still got the ongoing problem with him not really eating salads, and mainly wanting mealworms. I sometimes skip a day here and there so he's more hungry and actual eats some endive, but I know for his age he doesn't eat nearly enough fruit/veg...

Bottom line is I'm a bit lost in what I should do because there's no decent reptile vets near by and just wanted to put my feelers out there to see what others think/suggest.

Kind Regards,
Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom