Kitchen All Purpose Cleaners Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
There are lots of kitchen all purpose cleaners, and I plan on using them to clean my viv which is made of glass on all sides, as of now, glass flooring as well with newspaper but plan to tile it.
The top will be made of screen and aluminum which I also plan to brush with the all purpose cleaner.

They use concentrated lysol to disenfect hospitals. They dilute this on water and brush it on the floor, will this be safe as well?

How many times do we have to generally clean the viv? is once a week necessary, or maybe one in two weeks will do? Of course we will be changing the newspaper or cleaning the poop everytime we see it :)

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
I don't use regular cleaners in my tank because most of them are toxic if ingested and can give off fumes as the tank heats back up under the lights. If you do use regular cleaners, then you'd want to rinse the tank out well with water afterwards to remove any residue and let it dry before you put your dragon back in.

I use a water and vinegar spray to clean my tank - it cleans well and is entirely safe for both me and my dragon. There are other natural / safe cleaners out there that can be used (Healthy Habitat is one I've heard of). You don't need to worry about sterilizing your dragon's tank unless he's really sick, otherwise you're just looking to maintain a good level of clean - there's nothing coming off your dragon that you need to protect him with via constant sterilization and keeping him in an overly clean/sterilized environment can have negative effects on his immune system.

The poop needs to be cleaned out as soon as you see it, but otherwise views on how often to clean the tank vary. I do a complete tear down cleaning of my tank about once a month, or as it needs it. A younger dragon is messier and so will likely need his tank cleaned more frequently.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I just use dawn. For those spot cleans, I will soap up some paper towel and wipe and then dry. I also use it for deep cleans.
Dawn is like the safest thing. I mean they use it on animals in oil spills, etc. I use it on everything for the beardie and my other critters.
You can also use vinegar and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom