Kisuke - new beardie on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gepard

Back story: husband raised beardies before I met him when he lived in Arizona. Had a breeding pair but needed to travel cross country and didn't want to put them through the stress and didn't have a definite place to live. This past Christmas we tried a craigslist rescue but sadly two weeks later it was all in vain. So we started over from a local pet store and took home Kisuke to be loved and adored.

Gepard

Original Poster
So far so good with adjusting. He did have a couple of scared times but his colors seem to have gone back to happy colors. I never thought I'd be happy to see an animal run down a branch eat some lettuce and poop in front of my face before.

Aw, i love his little face! Had to laugh about getting excited about pooping in your face... I did the same thing when our new beardie went a day without pooping. I kept reading all these things on bowel obstructions and i swore he was going to die. I've been a nurse for 24 years and never worried so much about poop!!! Lol. Best wishes with Kisuke!

Gepard

Original Poster
Thank you for the comments so far, reading up as much as I can and considering starting a superworm colony for future. I'm such a helicopter mom to him so far, hovering to watch him and what he's doing and I'm so happy. First thing in the morning he wakes up and runs down his branch to eat, loves his greens and his worms and then it's back up to bask and digest. :wink: He's good and active, wandering around his enclosure, checking to see if he can get out and tucking under to hide occasionally but not as much as when we got him, he'd been a little skittish from living on the bottom floor of a pet store display. :(

The huge snow we've been getting has delayed plans to build a larger more plush enclosure but we've got plans going and as soon as we can will be building to provide him more space and diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom