Kenzie & Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

likenzieil

Hey my name is Kenzie & over the summer I "inherited" my beardie Puff. Apparently a friend of a friend of a friend couldn't take care of his & Puff was already settled into my apartment by the time I got back. I've never had a beardie before & I have only looked after other reptiles for a short time before. Thought I might as well introduce myself since I'm constantly on this website making sure I'm giving my boy everything he needs! I think he is around 3 years old, though from looking at pics of other lizards I think he might be really small... I have him in a 30 gallon tank right now with a basking lamp, coiled UVB lamp, Zilla millet blend lizard litter for substrate, hiding spot, tree branch type thing to climb on in the basking area, food dish and water dish. I try to give him crickets every day although its hard to keep up with his eating habits! He can eat about 40+ crickets a day & I don't know if this is good for him (plus its hard to keep driving to the pet store for more!) Collard greens, celery and carrots are some of the veggies I feed him - he seems to like those but I've never seen him drink out of his water dish! Once he let me drip some off my finger into his mouth & I don't know if he is dehydrated although his feces seems to be liquidy enough. He's shed once since I've had him, it was about a month or so ago. I wasn't sure what to do about the shedding... I know its not good to help them shed but do they mind having such large pieces hanging off of them? His sides and stomach are about to shed now... it's been quite a long period of time since he started this and is still going through it. There are a couple scales on his arm that I'm worried about - this arm was the very first thing that started shedding, although the upper part where these scales were didn't (that was more than a month ago, maybe 2.) His other arm, both legs, head, chin and center back already shed and the upper part of this arm JUST did yesterday but a patch of scales doesn't look right. They're still light colored and look soft... Its almost as though they were water logged for too long - I don't think this is normal and would appreciate any suggestions. Oo he also has a weird toe and what looks to be some scar tissue - not sure what prior injury could have caused this but it doesn't seem to bother him. Sorry this was so long!!! Thanks for all the advice I've gotten off of here! :D

likenzieil

Original Poster
Some pictures

On the stairs:
n12722392_37133622_2655.jpg

n12722392_37133623_3449.jpg

Weird scales
n12722392_37133626_5809.jpg

Toe
n12722392_37133625_5023.jpg

Home
n12722392_37133709_7885.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom