Keeping to the cool end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all not sure if this is anything, but thought I'd ask to be safe :) my 6mo female spends a lot of time in her cool end, she'll sleep and sit there most days. I was away all of yesterday, leaving about 10 min before lights on and arriving home about 7 hours later, something I don't usually do as I'm between jobs and home all the time. When I left both dragons were asleep (separate but identical cages) but when I got back jubsie was still in the same place she was in the morning, none of her food had been eaten and she didn't appear to have moved at all. I moved her to her basking spot and managed to feed her about an hour later, and I'm wondering if this was because she was moping or just used to me moving her to the basking light she didn't bother to move herself?

The temps are;
40°c directly under basking bulb
31-36°c warm end (depending if she's higher or lower)
23°c cool end

She eats: Dubai roaches, locusts, pheonix worms, rocket, squash, and spring greens, and weighs 188g and 14" long.

She has slowed down eating, but still does fully formed poos daily. She's always a bright colour and I have yet to see any black bearding or lines on her tummy, both are always white.
I'm slightly concerned as (hopefully) I'll be writing a job soon, so won't be at home to helicopter parent so need to know she'll be ok when I'm not here. Thanks for reading the V. Long post x

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temps are good, there is a nice range for her to choose from. Is she showing signs of shedding? If she's otherwise alert and eats when you move her, then she's probably OK and just in a mood.

jayce82

Juvie Member
I made this exact thread the other day. my 9 month old male is doing same thing. everything still looks great with him but staying more on his cool side. I'm wondering if he they need their Temps lowered some cause it's maybe too hot? my warm side is 93* and cool side 78*

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CooperDragon":17a9o56c said:
The temps are good, there is a nice range for her to choose from. Is she showing signs of shedding? If she's otherwise alert and eats when you move her, then she's probably OK and just in a mood.

Sound like good temps , however we don't know how these temperatures were measured , they might be inaccurate (with a systematic error builtin of several degrees).... I suggest checking the temps with a digital thermometer at the least..

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Heya, does anyone have any suggestions? Jubsies stopped eating bugs and is now only eating a few leaves. I've put bee pollen on the veg to see if it helps? She's not lost any weight, but she hasn't gained any either so I'm still a bit worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom