Kazi's foot is getting better!!! - UPDATE PG4 21/11/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
MissT":a732c said:
He bobs for no reason whatsoever... however, these were taken when he caught a glimpse of Abu as I put him back in his viv!!!!! He saw her for like 2 secs and continued this madness until he went to bed!! Crazy crazy hormones - and the biggest sign yet that hes not a baby any more :( lol!!!
Yup thats what i thought happened.Your baby is telling you ..."look mommy i am all growed up" :wink:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I was a little worried about him at first - posted in behaviour about his madness. These videos were from monday/tuesday this week but last week, Abu was out for some exercise and I had forgotten to close the door to the viv room! She wandered in and was just sitting about 3 feet away staring at him. He literally leapt from the back to the front of the viv and puffed his beard out so much I thought it would explode - I quickly put her back in her viv and she just lay on her basking spot, not even remotely phased by his madness..... thats when I knew he was a big ball of hormones rather than just a crazy man!!! Today, the dog got the same reaction as that video, including some hissing - poor dog didnt know what to do!

I thought I had at least another 6 weeks of him being a baby!! But im just so proud of him, even with his big grumpy blackbeard!!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
He's sooo cute. May I ask what happened to his foot? Just the backstory? It's amazing how much they change in a short amount of time. I love how "chunky" he is.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
sunkist":7662a said:
May I ask what happened to his foot? Just the backstory?

Here's a link to my original post about him [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=81465 f=6 ] but basically, he was housed with too many other babies who probably mistook his foot for a cricket! Poor baby!!!

sunkist":7662a said:
I love how "chunky" he is.
He has really started to fill out recently - I love his little beardie belly!!!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks for the link! It's sooo sad that soo many have HAD to rescue beardies because they were being eaten! I'm glad her foot is doing soo well now.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I've been so preoccupied with the 'Abu Egg Mystery' recently that I havent added any new Kazi info, so just a few pics n a wee vid of the mad man!

Climbing his tree - Making sure he can see everything thats going on!
MoreFuji001.jpg

Still going through the whole 'Im a big boy phase' - Im starting to miss that pure white neck and chest!! lol!
MoreFuji003.jpg

MoreFuji002.jpg

mid-bob...
MoreFuji011.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

And using his foot like there was never a worry about it - hes quite the little hunter!!

Also....please excuse the little box of sand in the corner - it only goes in in the evenings around his 'poop time' as,for some strange reason he like to go in there!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ethelia":0b74b said:
i do love when they act so tough.
lol! he acts like this from he wakes until he goes to sleep! In fact, he even puffs his beard when hes sleeping!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
haha!
Dex does it in her sleep too.
I call it 'trumpeting' because she flares her beard for a second, then opens her mouth and closes and its gone. It looks like she's pretending to be a trumpet. If you make a trumpet noise in your head when she does it its utterly hilarious.

....wow..... thats super sad!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ethelia":1df0a said:
I call it 'trumpeting' because she flares her beard for a second, then opens her mouth and closes and its gone. It looks like she's pretending to be a trumpet. If you make a trumpet noise in your head when she does it its utterly hilarious.

Haha, il keep that in mind! I can just imagine sitting making trumpet sounds at him!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well things have not been so good with Kazi this week. The blackbeard is there about 90% of the time at the moment (and its worrying me), he has managed to split one of his newly grown nails and he has burnt his chin due to the fact that he keeps climbing the lovely smooth walls of his viv and positions himself directly under the uv light. He also caused a flourescent strip to break and I found him swinging from the starter!! He has also dropped 20g in weight in the past 10 days which is a big issue to me. But here are some lovely pics of him - just because I love sharing him so much!!

Enjoy...
The usual black beard
MoreFuji006.jpg

Cheeky face
MoreFuji013.jpg

Let me out!!
MoreFuji017.jpg

A rare white chinned moment!
MoreFuji015.jpg

The offending burn... :(
MoreFuji014-1.jpg

And finally,
His well healed foot!
MoreFuji009.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ethelia":5e76c said:
Oh my goodness, climbing smooth walls?
Can that boy get any more like a grumpy teenager?

Lol!!! Hes a mad man but hes been like that since day one so I really shouldnt expect any less!
He used to have a lovely bamboo wall as the background (you can see it in the first and last picture) but I had to get a shiny aquarium background to cover it (all except about 3 inches at the bottom) but it hasnt worked. He is determined to sit below the light and it seems like nothing I do is going to stop him!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Was just looking back at some old photos of the little monster and I cant believe how much he has grown - when did he get so big???

From this.... (the day we got him)
Photo-0018.jpg

To this!!!
MoreFuji020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom