KamiKazi - Question 30/9/10***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaalin

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

Kazi is doing great, his stress marks are pretty much gone I have only noticed them slight if we are doing anything particularly noisey. He is eating well maybe around 20ish crickets a day which I'm really pleased about considering he has only been with us less than a week.

I think Kazi and I are on our way to becoming best friends, when he is a little stressed a few minutes with me and some cuddles and he goes lovely and white underneath. He hates his baths but I think he is starting to hate them less haha.I will get some proper pictures very very very very soon, especially so you can see his colours properly... he is a citrus and linked in the first post you can see his parents. I am hoping he turns out like his mummy, mango.

I felt he was okay enough to be measure and weighed today so I did. He is 9 weeks old tomorrow and is a little teeeeeny weeny bit over 7" and weighs 15g. So my question is, does that sound okay?

Kaalin

Original Poster
I actually have another question too, sorry! (please can you answer the one above too if you can, thanks :) )

He has been eating around 20ish crickets today and I feed him at two points in the day (As he is younger I know I should be offering him food more often - he just isn't really interested just yet I guess due to relocation stress). I read that most people dust the first lot of crickets they feed, however as he isn't eating as many as perhaps he should be eating for now should I dust all crickets?

Pay day on Thursday and I will be buying my Dubia colony to start breeding my own feeders :)

THANKS

i think you are doing a great job! i think that his weight and length sound good! and as far as feeding him, i only offer my Cami twice a day as well and he is about 4 months old..let Kazi eat as much as he can/wants within a 10-15 minute time span (both times a day that you feed him) as for dusting the crickets, from what i have been told you can never go wrong dusting them.. but if someone else could answer this question that would be great because i am no expert! :)

-Alex

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
looks like the taj mahal, he/she looks so small in there, plenty of room for him/her to explore, i was going to mention the red light also, but you changed it already, thats one lucky beardie.

Kaalin

Original Poster
Yes it is a big vivarium, I'm lucky I have enough room for it, the base came so it no longer is sitting on the dining table. Thanks for the lovely comments, we really do of course want the very very best for him. I will get some more pictures of him this week :)

Kazi and I are really bonding, he likes to sit with me and is always looking for me... he also likes to snuggle. We have all fell in love with them, I can't wait to watch him grow.

Kaalin

Original Poster
Hey Everyone Kazi is doing fine (at least I hope so) anyways I think he is about to shed, however I wanted to know how long it takes from you to notice that they might and then til they actually do?

Anyways over the last 2 days I have seen him get steadily darker on body, legs, head (however no stress marks on belly/beard etc) so yeah he is getting duller and duller and darker. His tail is still really bright. He also wasn't as interested in his food today, I guess this is signs of shedding?

He ate a little today and poo'd as normal, so I'm not panicking but it would put my mind at rest if I knew what was going on :p

I weighed and measured him again today here are his running chart stats

25/09/10 - 15g and 7.2"
30/09/10 - 18g and 8"

As soon as he sheds (if this is what is happening) I will get some pics up :D

Kaalin

Original Poster
bumping again as I am hoping someone answers my question on shedding.

Kazi has been dark/grey on top for around 5 days now.. however he is eating well/pooping and does not have any stress marks on his tummy etc. As per my previous post I guess this is shedding? I didn't think it would take this long to start? Is this common? Is it shedding?

On another note, my Dubia colony came today and I'm very impressed. We got ours from http://www.roachcolony.co.uk and they arrived in perfect condition. We gave our little guy a taster for the roaches and he ate 23 in one go, which is awesome. He will not be getting many for now as we are planning on leaving the colony be for now and hope that in a month or two they will start to reproduce.

So yes if your looking for roaches/colony or a place to keep your roaches I do highly recommend http://www.roachcolony.co.uk if you live in the UK. Their customer service was great too.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
I have just used that site for my first roach delivery and I found them really helpful. I had a few delivery queries and got answers via email very quickly. The roaches were in great condition, not one died :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom