kale stuck in throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

galipeau03

Original Poster
My girlfriend and I got as much as I could get out safely. There is still some in there but I have no way of getting the rest out he has come a long way and I hope he will be ok in the morning.

starrchine

You have done a great job! Let him take a rest... maybe he'll relax some while he's trying to sleep and it'll go down the rest of the of the way...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how he is doing, & I hope that he sleeps well tonight!
How is your hand?

Tracie

Kartoon

man i am sorry to hear this
i hope this never happens to my beardie..
glad you got most of it out though man, kudos
let him sleep, along with you and your lady ;)

galipeau03

Original Poster
This morning I opened his mouth and he for a sec and he spit out the rest of it(all over my girl friend lol). I doubled checked and it is all gone. I gave him some more water he is def sore but he is breathing so much better and I think he going to be ok. I feel so relieved I slept horrible last night thank you all for the suggestions!

starrchine

That is wonderful news!!!! He was able to relax enough to get it dislodged!! woohooo!! He'll need extra lovings tonight :) What a good daddy you are :) Glad to help :) :blob8:

galipeau03

Original Poster
he is def is not himself yet. Not sure what to feed him now? I don't know if he will eat. You can tell he is sore but hopefully tomorrow he will be more active.

starrchine

Do you have any baby food available? that would be something soothing. or if you do feed him more green, i'd chop it up so tiny that it was almost mush...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad to hear he got it all up now, poor guy. You did a great job taking care of him! I am sure you didn't sleep good worrying about him all night long.
Just use a plastic dropper or a plastic syringe to drop some food onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick some food off. The babyfood would be the best for a few days, since he has been through some trauma & I am sure that he is sore inside of his mouth & beard area.

Tracie

galipeau03

Original Poster
He is not into the baby food at all I'm going to try again in the morning he drinks the water out of a dropper though. I'm almost scared to feed him kale again the pieces that we got out of him were no even that big at all def smaller then the space between his eyes. He must have just ate it too fast. What greens should I give him once hes up to eating solid foods again? He always loved kale never had an issue before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom