Kaiju! Age, color, should I be worried??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarplum

Kaiju isn't my first dragon, but I haven't had one in a few years. He is in a 40gal breeder, I ordered a new uvb bulb (he has the exo terra, which I know causes problems--should I not use it, his reptisun will be in between the 20-26th of this month?) and digital thermometer. He has been home 3 days, and ate one large ca and vit dusted and gutloaded roach the first two days and some veggies (I know all about beautifuldragons and their awesome food list). He always has a bowl with a few roaches and fresh salad (I change it twice a day). Today he's had 2 bites of mint (his favorite so far) and a bite of carrot. Today and yesterday he had a bath, today he drank quite a bit. He really loves to come out of the tank, and if he's not he is looking at you or pawing at the glass. What's is the max number of times and how long should each time he's out be in the beginning, cause I know he needs his lights, but he just loves being out.

I know it's only three days, but I am worried he isn't eating enough and he has not pooped, though I do think he might shed soon. All my guys in the past chowed down right away if I remember right.

The people that had him say the never really gave him veggies and got him as an adult two years ago. Is there anyway to tell how old he is too??

And lastly what color would he be considered?

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a good looking dragon. I'd leave the UVB off until you get the ReptiSun. If it's nice out you can take him outside for a bit to get some UVB. You can have him out quite a lot. He needs to be under his lights for several hours each day but you can take him out with no problem for hours. Just make sure he doesn't get too cold. You may need to keep offering different veggies until you come upon something he likes. I'm sure he'll settle in soon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's surprising how affectionate and interactive they can be. Makes them such great pets. To answer your other question, he is a standard beardie with lots of orange. He actually looks quite a bit like my Cooper with the orange lines around his eyes and the orange tint to the beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom