Juvenile periodically terrifies himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fay789

Hey everyone,

So I have a three month old beardie and for the most part he is pretty bold. He spends a lot of time basking and he loves sitting on his hammock. He's very calm being handled and doesn't seem bothered by the cats (they aren't allowed in my room where his tank is, but on occasion they bolt past me into the room to stare at him). Occasionally, though, he just freaks out, and im trying to figure out if there is anything I can change to help him feel better. About three times now, I've been I'm my room, and I notice him go from basking on his hammock to glass dancing at the one side of his cage really frantically while on the hammock, then he jumps down and dances at the bottom glass. This is usually the point where I take him out of his tank and he will continue trying to run in the same direction until I cup my hands like more of a hide, at which point he burrows down into my hands. I usually hold him for a little while before putting him back in his tank at which point in time he's fine and will go right back to basking. The only thing I can think of that could be freaking him out is his own reflection, but I do have a background on the back and half of one side of his tank already. Is there anything else I should be doing? How normal is it for them to be so scared of their own reflection?

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Glass dancing could be them just wanting to get outside. They can't understand the concept of a glass barrier, so he could just be trying to get out. The reflection thing could also be upsetting him, and to stop that, try lining the inside of his tank with white paper. Mine calmed down SO MUCH after I did that and all of the reflections were gone. I also had a background on three sides of my tank, but it didn't prevent reflections. In fact, he would always try to climb the background, which was just kinda sad. The only way to get rid of reflection is to line the inside of the glass.

Fay789

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try lining the inside of the tank. Yeah mine also tried to climb the background a few times but he has since given up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom