Juvenile beardies eating supers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. My bud Rep is 9 inches long and around 3-4 months i think. I bought superworms on a whim today at the store because they were so cheap. Can i cut up the worms into small pieces for treats when holding him? I dont think that this would cause harm

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may still be a bit small for supers. In addition to the size, they have a hard shell that can be tough to digest for the little ones, especially if they eat a lot of them. A better bet would be to get a soft worm for a treat. Phoenix Worms and silk worms would be good choices. You can keep the supers in a small bin with a bedding of superworm chow (looks like sawdust) and put a few pieces of chopped carrot on top occasionally for moisture. They'll stay in the bin until he's older and ready for them. I've kept my supers that way for over a year now. They're in the clear bin to the left of my dubia colony. You can get the chow where you can buy supers. I got mine from Linda's Gone Buggie.

76248-4667963209.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom