Juvenile Beardie Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got a new little bearded dragon (don’t know how old) and the first week, he was eating about 10 crickets everyday! 2 weeks past and now he hasn’t touched a cricket in days. We tried different foods: small hornworms, Dubia roaches, baby food (butternut squash, prune), and mustard greens. None of these worked, I’m scared cause I don’t want anything bad to happen to him, but he isn’t eating his food. Sometimes he lets them crawl on him. And today, he puffed out his eyes 3 times within an hour ? Someone please help me. ?

Chryptecream":l6am9x6c said:
So I recently got a new little bearded dragon (don’t know how old) and the first week, he was eating about 10 crickets everyday! 2 weeks past and now he hasn’t touched a cricket in days. We tried different foods: small hornworms, Dubia roaches, baby food (butternut squash, prune), and mustard greens. None of these worked, I’m scared cause I don’t want anything bad to happen to him, but he isn’t eating his food. Sometimes he lets them crawl on him. And today, he puffed out his eyes 3 times within an hour ? Someone please help me. ?
Honestly i've never experienced anything like this, but i saw youtube it to get as much information as you can. Try looking up how to get them to eat without forcing them, and i also recommend that you watch Lord Elion on youtube because he can be helpful. Also if you can then you should probably take him/her to the vet if it doesn't better any time soon. Try not to make it stressed if it seems like it has been. Hope he/she gets better!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? How you take the temps and what are they? What kinds of bulbs? Any colored? Coil? How big is the enclosure?

Chryptecream

Original Poster
destiny1998":1pz6y6nk said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? How you take the temps and what are they? What kinds of bulbs? Any colored? Coil? How big is the enclosure?
He is very small right now so he is in a 10 gallon, 90 ambient temp, 110 at basking spot, he has a big rock hiding place, little log, no coiled bulbs, no colored bulbs. One 75 watt heat lamp and. 10.0 UVB bulb

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for q. How are you taking the temps? A 10 gallon is really to small to get the proper heat graident. He needs a side that doesn't get hotter than 75. He could be way too hot.

Chryptecream

Original Poster
destiny1998":j34f8o38 said:
Thanks for q. How are you taking the temps? A 10 gallon is really to small to get the proper heat graident. He needs a side that doesn't get hotter than 75. He could be way too hot.
I use a thermometer and a thermometer gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom