Juuji Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as some of you know its looking like we will be moving and I had to find a home for my precious Juuji Fruit :( the good news is i found her an amazing home with a very good friend of mine!! I have known this person since i was... i think 15... i'm 24 now... she has alwasy been great with her pets and always does what needs to be done for them. when she offered to take Juuji i was so happy :D i can see Juuji whenever I want, she and i now share feeders, (i'm helping her get her own dubia colony going) and she has done a TON of research on beareded dragons and of course she can and will text me with any other questions she may have.

Juuji was nervous at first but she has warmed up to her new family and they have loved her every day! :D she seems very happy :D she gets all the snuggles and all the free roam time she could ever want :) she is eating her greens on the first day she was there and she inhaled some buggies :mrgreen: she also has a play pin type thing that she uses for her guinea pigs and she lets juuji play in it :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear you had to find an other home for Juuji fruit but isn't it great that your friend took her in, that's such great news. It's bad enough when we have to give away a precious beardie but it's just great that you not only trust your friend to take care of her but that you can visit whenever you want. Glad to hear it!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
yes it is great! i have suggested she peek in on this site, i told her anythign i dont have an answer to i come here and someone knows something or you guys can tell me where to look :D as far as i know she has been on the site just roaming around a bit. Juuji seems really very, very happy!! :D
we may be moving into an apartment :roll: and we all know how small they are... i wouldnt have the room for 2 four foot enclosures :cry: but yes its great that she is such an amazing friend and she has told me numerous times i'm always welcome over anytime and Juuji is really having a wonderful time :D she wakes her up promptly at 7am begging for greens, eats very well for her, then wants to bask a bit and then will beg for roam time :mrgreen: when she gets chilly Alecia will put her away but Juuji always wants back out :mrgreen: every day i get a video of my baby along with pictures and its really wonderful. i cant say enough how greatful i am to have such a great person in my life to help me through such a difficult time :) i do miss my baby, but Alecia has a lot of time and love to give her :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can understand, being in a 1 bedroom apartment with 7 tanks. I only have one big one your size, though, that's Rubio's tank and he's behind the couch (open concept helps with placing tanks!). Then I have 3 40 gallon breeders along one living room wall and another 40 gallon breeder in my bedroom. Also have 2 geckos, on tables across from the tanks. So I guess you could say I live in a dragon den! My hubby passed away 1 1/2 yrs ago but I couldn't give up any of my boys, so just made the room. Luckily the apartment is big, 600 sq ft, so had lots of room, because living alone, I didn't need alot of room for myself. I was just lucky that way. But in your case, having 2 really big tanks would make a difference, going into an apartment. So I'll wish you the best. Do you still have Phoenix?

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks hun! Yes i still have my big boy Phoenix (or my mom calls him Love Bug due to his love for snuggles) :mrgreen: he's doing okay, as well as he can be. he does have kidney problems (it was confirmed by a vet up north of us) so we are maintaining the issues. he has his good days and his bad. his good days are really great and of course his bad days are horrible. he now gets a check up every 3 months, his check ups include fecal, xrays, and a ton of blood work. I've had to make changes to the supplements on more than one occasion but he has been on the same ones now for 1 year and its doing really well. it cut his bad days down to few and far between which makes me very happy :D the first time they saw him they said they dont think he will ever get any better :| but each month he has made some form of improvement :D i'm sure he will never be 100% but as long as he isnt in any pain (isnt suffering) we will keep doing what we are doing. :D

he gave me a scare yesterday... i went home and he was EXTREMLY dehydrated and lethargic :( that has happened before and it falls under (bad days) the docs did say that tough times would come when brumation hit so it wasnt entirely unexpected but he did so great over the weekend that the sudden drop in his attitude was scary. a warm bath an hour later, some yummy baby food and some love snuggles from me and he came back around. i hate that its so cold out, otherwise i would of brought him to work with me so i could watch over him...
he did brighten his colors up and stop black bearding me after he got some baby food in him (didnt touch his greens) and after his super long bath. i wish there was something else we could do for him, but the docs and i are all stunned and stumped for that matter. as a result of his kidney issues (being caught way too late) he has developed mild mbd :banghead: i should of been more ....observant... maybe i would of caught it faster... maybe if i had caught it faster he wouldnt have the problems he has. the docs do think the mbd is reversable to a point :blob8: so i'll take that .... we just move one step at a time

it has helped out a lot that my friend took Juuji Fruit, with all the expenses with phoenix money was getting tight, not that we mind, but you know how it goes.... if anyone has suggestions for me or hte doc i'd love ot hear them. we have done so much and he is constantly looking into finding out more information so that on our next check up (in april) perhaps we can improve more

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, I'm so sorry, it's tough when they get a disease like that. The only thing I found that worked better for MBD was liquid calcium daily, sometimes twice daily. I found Zilla Food Spray Calcium, that works well, but my guys are healthy, so it's hard to know if that what he'd need. Tracie might be able to help, you can send her a pm at drache613. She has different sorts of calcium at her site www.bugs-de-lite.com. I order serrepetase from her for Lonzo, who has arthritis and a right lung that doesn't function, plus he's almost 10 years old. He's also got a tail that spasms, so this seems to help him alot. I take the adult version for arthritis, too, it's a painkiller and anti-inflammatory, from the silkworm enzyme and really works well, no side effects at all. So check in with her, she's got so much knowledge about every disease known to a beardie.

I wish your Phoenix only good days going forward, wish it was warmer for you guys, too. I hate winter, even though being near Vancouver, BC, Canada, our weather is like Seattle's, not very cold and we rarely have snow. So good luck going forward. I know all about vet costs, Sweetie got really sick in Nov/11 and it cost over $1000 for vet visits, but she passed away from pneumonia and low blood calcium in Dec/11. Still miss my Sweetie!

So keep in touch when you can. I'm just so glad your friend took in your other beardie and you get daily pics & videos, makes your life easier, so that's all to the good.
Take care
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom