Just Wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
What do you use to clean your enclosures with daily. I am using tile and was thinking of using anti bacterial wipes for everyday, followed by a water rinse. Also just wondering what everyone uses for heavy duty cleaning (weekly/monthly). Does anyone use Nolvasan, and if not what is a good alternative?

DragonGal

Hatchling Member
I use a vinegar/water solution. (About 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water.) Vinegar kills 99 percent of bacteria, 82 percent of mold, and 80 percent of germs (viruses). Plus, it's all natural, and won't hurt your beardie! Just make sure the smell isn't too strong before putting him/her back in the tank. :)

turkeybird

Hatchling Member
I use tile and put it in the dishwasher regularly to clean and disinfect. Hope this helps.

Turkeybird

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use non-scented baby wipes for the main part of the poo, then rinse. For a thorough cleaning, I use diluted vinegar.

katieerin

Hatchling Member
I clean weekly with a 10 part water/1 part bleach solution. If you use this, just make sure you rinse/wipe it out with water until it doesn't smell like bleach anymore. :] Works very well.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
Hello there, i hoover out weekly and wash out the carpets and use cascade cleaning disinfectant with everything out of the viv. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom