Just wanted to point out somethings lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have a beardie for almost three weeks now in all, and I've noticed some things.

1) They really are like babies lol, oscar licks everything in site, its as if he does it to make sure his senses are still working lol
2) They never poop when your in the room (personally)
3) Their pupils shrink really quickly when they spot their "prey" lol
4) They sleep in the weirdest possible positions haha
5) After they poop they flatten out like a pancake lmao!

If you have anymore things you've noticed post em! If there is something I posted that contradicts what your beardie does, post it!

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
david0501":eorfki0g said:
Well, I have a beardie for almost three weeks now in all, and I've noticed some things.

2) They never poop when your in the room (personally)
5) After they poop they flatten out like a pancake lmao!

If you have anymore things you've noticed post em! If there is something I posted that contradicts what your beardie does, post it!

When Havoc is going to poop in his enclosure he makes sure to get my attention first, then let's loose and runs like a madman to the other side of the enclosure so I can open the doors and clean it up right away.
I have never came home to a poop, he will always wait for one of us to be watching him.

Supamom73

Hatchling Member
I've noticed Fuego only poops in one exact spot! We can be watching, or not, buts its always in the same spot.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
1) They really are like babies lol, oscar licks everything in site, its as if he does it to make sure his senses are still working lol Well yeah. If you look closely at a beardie's tongue, you can see that it is forked at the tip. So I reckon they use their tongue much like a snake does. To sniff and taste their environment. Their tongue also looks like a chameleon's tongue.
2) They never poop when your in the room (personally) My Nimrod doesn't care whether someone's in the room or not. If he needs to go, he does it right there. I have come home to a poopy viv and poop covered dragon. Not the best greeting, LOL.
3) Their pupils shrink really quickly when they spot their "prey" lol Yep, it's so they can focus better. Nim gets what I call the 'predator glare'. It's terrifying when their pupils dilate before they eat their bugs. To me at least, LOL. :D
4) They sleep in the weirdest possible positions haha I know, it's so funny! You've probably seen the 'Beardies sleep in every which way' thread. Very comical. But since my Nim sleeps in a bed that I tuck him in, he doesn't do the funny positions. I don't mind though. :D
5) After they poop they flatten out like a pancake lmao! I guess he does that because he wants you to remove the poop? I know my Nim will glass dance like crazy until I clean out his poo. My Nim doesn't flatten after he poops. That sounds like a weird behavior. But it's probably just his own quirk. Makes him unique. :wink:

That was probably more info than you wanted. But I'm like that. :D

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Max will poop in his viv, and he doesn't care if you're in the room, but he HATES his poop. I often come home to a poop on his basking spot with him on his branch on the far side, covered in stress marks. As soon as I clean it up, he's fine. What a goof :lol:

Also, an addition to your list:
6) Max is also like a young child - He goes on absolute hunger strikes if I don't give him what he likes. I always cave in :p He will basically always eat his roaches, but since the colony isn't quite self-sustaining yet, I have been feeding him primarily crickets. Well, 2 weeks ago I got superworms, and then Petco ran out of crickets, so I only had the superworms and an occasional feeding of roaches. Now he he will not eat crickets. At all. Supers or roaches. Even if I hold a cricket right in front of his face, he will just close his eyes and turn his head up. He does this with greens he doesn't like, too. Picky picky.

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
Omg if Fafnir doesn't get his daily phoenix worms, he goes on strike!

7) after bath time he will jump onto my shoulder. I have a towel rack with his own towel on it and I gently drt him off. When he is dry enough he will jump onto my shoulder and perch there while I walk back to his viv. Just something I noticed. He does this all the time.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Haha, yea Max does the shoulder after a bath thing too. Actually, he does the climb onto my shoulder thing pretty much every time I am handling him and he isn't trying to explore. He just adores my shoulder. Sometimes he will nuzzle is face into my hair, my neck, or behind my ear. So cute :D

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Dave will poo only in one spot. I tried to put a piece of paper so it would be easy to clean up. She moved the paper, pooed, then moved the paper on the poo. When I cleaned it up, she looked like she was saying "lol you thought you could trick me".

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I decided Im going to try to get oscar to poop in a little "bread box", I've heard from various people that beardies like to poop in conatiners when they have the oppurtunity lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom