Just wanted to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi everyone,
My name is Dawn and I am somewhat new to your site.I've been visiting it for about a month now and find it very interesting and informative.I have a 4 yr old beardie,her name is Rex(she is actually my 12 yr old son's,but you'd never know it because I spend the majority of time with her).I wish I had stumbled onto a site like this when Rex was a baby. I knew nothing about beardies before we got her.It's definitely a learning experience. We also have 4 cats,but there's something about beardies that makes them such awesome pets.Maybe it's the nurturing instinct that a mother has that attracts me to her(because she needs me to take care of her and the cats could care less and would rather take care of themselves).
Even though I have been a beardie owner(slave,as you all call it)for 4 years now I am always open to new ideas that may prolong or enhance the life of one of my pets.For instance, I found many of you feed your beardies papaya,OMG..I gave Rex her first taste of papaya a few weeks ago and she is now hooked on it.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know what a great service you're doing for beardie owners all over the world.It's sites like these that save animals(or reptiles) lives.People need to be more informed about taking care of their pets.
I need to get to work for now,but will post a picture of my sweet girl,Rex soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom