Just want to make sure everythings right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah

Original Poster
also thanks JLean for the quick responses and actually responding to the OP in just a few minutes.

i'm quite content that i've joined these forums now because of such insightful, quick responses.

also, would you be able to explain why he was waving at me twice this morning?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Hee hee.. arm waving is a natural response. I hadn't seen it in person until I got Calypso. Are you sure he is a boy? ;) My boy doesn't arm wave, only my girl. It is kind of a "Hey there, don't eat me" response.

More members will respond to your posts too. There are different time zones etc. :) I just happen to be avoiding housework today.

Rah

Original Poster
well the guy at the pet store said he might be a boy, i'm waiting til he gets older to be sure so i can see the width of his tail base to determine

LJean

Extreme Poster
I missed the last one.
Many babies are not interested in their greens and veggies at first. It can take months to get them to eat it. I put the crickets in a quart size freezer baggie and put some calcium dust or vitamins in there with them. Gently shake them up and they are loaded with the dust. So if he isn't eating his greens, he still gets the supplements.

Also remember, what you feed the crickets you are feeding the dragon. A good way to get some veggies into the baby is by feeding some to the crickets before hand.

Hope that helps.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Rah":59209 said:
well the guy at the pet store said he might be a boy, i'm waiting til he gets older to be sure so i can see the width of his tail base to determine

It is very difficult to tell when they are that small unless someone is very used to it.
Here is a link to show you how to look. Even has pictures. You may need to wait a month or so to tell. I thought Calypso looked like a boy, then she got a bit older, LOL

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Rah

Original Poster
alright, well i bought my crickets from a store that specializes in reptiles. do you know where i can find a good multivitamin for him for like max 10 bux CAD?

Rah

Original Poster
i live in toronto, ontario, canada and amazon.com only ships to US states i believe, amazon.ca is just ****, lol

LJean

Extreme Poster
Not a lot of help for you there. Hopefully one of the members from canada can point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom