just wanna save money =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
ok so i have a lil baby (well hes over a foot long now and close to 4-6months old lol) but i was wondering ( i have 3 GIANT mulbery trees and 1 nice sized inside the house) so i have a constant excess of leaves so i was wondering if u can feed JUST silkies or if you'd need to feed crix still ive read that they have alot more of the nutrients and am very interested in gettin some even if its just for a add on any idea on the amount id have to feed and if i could feed them alone?

fLiPxSiD3

TheDeac":b1c0syvw said:
ok so i have a lil baby (well hes over a foot long now and close to 4-6months old lol) but i was wondering ( i have 3 GIANT mulbery trees and 1 nice sized inside the house) so i have a constant excess of leaves so i was wondering if u can feed JUST silkies or if you'd need to feed crix still ive read that they have alot more of the nutrients and am very interested in gettin some even if its just for a add on any idea on the amount id have to feed and if i could feed them alone?

When it comes to crickets , you feed them what they can consume in 15-20 minutes. As babies they are more dependent on live feeders versus veggies. I am not saying to stop giving them veggies.......have veggies available at all times , but , make sure you have live feeders. In terms of having crix available to feed them , that is fine. I would recommend that you have a variety of different feeders (phoenix worms , silkworms, waxworms,dubia roaches) In terms of how many silkworms to feed them..........if you feed them 24 crickets a day then I would say maybe 10-12 silkworms. Again every beardie owner has their own way of gauging how much to feed their own dragon. Hope this advice helped you some what....

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It did I'm just trying to move away from crix they are just to nasty and hard to keep I can and have raised silks year round b4 its just Idk if I could replace the crix stubble eats no more than 25-30 crix a day even tho I offer him Moore

Triage

Hatchling Member
You can use silkworms as a staple source of protein. I wish I had a mulberry trees myself. If so I would do it. ;-)

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
silkies are a great staple feeder

the easiest to breed (but expensive initially) are dubia roaches. do a search here on BD.org and you'll find some great threads

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im tryin to turn away from crixs and i want to do roaches but my mom says nooo do you mean main food item by staple?

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Yes...silkies can 'replace' the crickets. silkworms are a great source of protein and calcium! Wish I had mulberry here to breed them. I jus spent $35 on some silkworms, and they were gone in less then 2 weeks. Way too expensive!!!

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
haha yea but im spending that a WEEK on crixs...he goes RIGHT THROUGH THEM not to mention they dont all live so some times i run out lol would i need to dust the silkies? i plan on using stubbles 20gal tank for the breeding tank and my 5 gal tank (the one the crix are in) for the eggs and hatchings sound good anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom