Just measured and weighed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
What do you do on a snow day? I spoiled Biggie Smalls with lots of cuddles and decided to weigh and measure him ( wish I did this when I first bought him home a month ago) he is 13 inches long and weighs 113grams. Not sure how old he is. Pet store said about 3-4 months which would make him 4-5 months now. Just wondering if this is a normal healthy weight for him?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he sounds a bit on the slim side but in the acceptable range. Can you post a few pics of the Big Small one ? :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I agree it does sound a bit on the slim side, but overall a healthy range for his age and size.

It may be good to weigh and measure him at every beginning or end of the months. Every 30th day in a month I will weigh and measure all 7 of my reptiles to keep track of them and how their doing. Although the snake is a bit hard to keep still.... so it can last up to an hour for me just with her. A bit time consuming but worth it.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
97320-7509078411.jpg
This is Biggie Smalls the day I bought him home. Thanks to this site many errors on my part have been fixed. Such as UVB, temps, and basking heat.
97320-4500877461.jpg
This is Biggie now. He is eating 40-50crickets a day in 2 feeding sessions. Have recently started feeding him Dubia and he devours 25 like nothing. Until my order arrives no more Dubia. Also ordered BSFL and can’t wait to see if he likes those also. He eats some greens if I hand feed him. Loves collard greens, arugula, and squash. I dust the crickets 5 times a week with calcium and 2 times a week with vitamins.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks nice and healthy to me based on those photos. His arms and legs are well developed and he looks like he's well proportioned. He has a good appetite too so I'd imagine he will grow quite a bit in the coming months.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He definitely has an appetite. Even more so now that he has proper UVB lights. ( thank you CooperDragon for all your help this past month) just got a delivery of Dubia and BSFL. First time ordering and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t think I worried this much over my human children :lol:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My order of BFSL and Dubias came in Friday....YEAH....Good news is Dubia is like crack for Mr. Smalls. I used a red solo cup to dust them in calcium and the next day when he saw me with the cup he went crazy. Was so funny he actually jumped into the cup and devoured them. Bad news is he went through 100 in a day and a half. Now the BFSL are not to his liking. Maybe because I gave them to him when we ran out of dubia but whatever the problem is I really don't mind because rinsing them is a pain in the butt. This morning I tried to give him crickets and he just looked at them then looked at me, and if he could talk I am sure I would of been properly cussed out! The look he gave me was hysterical. He chose his greens over the crickets. LMAO looks like I better place another dubia order in soon! Hopefully he will start eating the BFSL and crickets between now and the time the dubia come in......

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Mine gets excited when he hears me shake the cup I feed his dubia out of. How are you feeding the BSFL? Mine wasn't as excited about them when I fed them one at a time loose in his enclosure, but really attacks them when I put them in a small deli cup and put that in his enclosure. Also, a mesh strainer makes them MUCH easier to rinse.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I will stop on my way home from work today and pick up a strainer. I refuse to waste 200 larvae. He is gonna eat them weather he likes it or not. I put them in a little dish but ended up having to hand feed him them....YUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom