Just had my first ewwwwwwwwww moment!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I got my shipment of phoenix worms in today. Since they were shipped they of course were room temperature sooooo very active. I wasn't thinking when I ordered them and ordered small since Lindy is small. I got medium at the store when I bought them but again just wasn't thinking. Those little small phoenix worms all wiggly... ewwwwwww and they wouldn't stay in the bowl and kept getting on me...ewwwwww... I finally dumped them on his salad figured they would take longer to get out of there.

Sooo lesson learned... for me anyway... order LARGE! The mediums were even a bit small so going to go Large from now on.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
The only bad thing about large is that they are starting to turn black, and are near the end of their life cycle, and dont move too much.
A lot of beardies dont like the darker non-moving ones.

dawnki

Juvie Member
..the darker ones are suspected to be even more nutritious for your dragon. Just hold it up and wiggle it yourself so your dragon thinks it's moving. It's works! Try to feed off the darker worms first. :D

UpstateNYPets

Hatchling Member
I've never had a problem with my Adult eating the darker, slow moving ones. I get them often, and he loves them a lot, so when I put them in there, I dont think he cares what they look like... He KNOWS they are good! They are an awesome feeder worm, I'm happy I came across them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom