Just got my first beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billykjo

Hi, I'm a college student in Virginia, and after months of research and looking , I finally got my beardie.

His name is Hercules and and he is a 4 years old male. I adopted him from someone who was leaving the country and couldn't take him with him.

The person I adopted him from gave me his tank and everything else when I got him. He is in a 75 gallon enclosure (36x18x25) and I replaced the crushed walnut shell, that he had been on for years, with tile due to all the risks walnut shells have.

His lighting consists of a reptisun 10.0 UV bulb and a 75 watt halogen light for the basking spot. This keeps his temps around 108 in the basking spot and 78 on the cool side (measured with a digital thermometer with a probe).

In terms of feeding, the previous owned had been feeding him about 50 crickets a week and romaine lettuce and frozen veggies daily. After I got him I've been switching him to a more health diet including collard greens, endive, and squash. He still hasn't taken to it much and only nibbles at it, haha.

I also took him to the vet to get checked out when I got him and it turns out he has pinworms, but they gave him a perscription for panacur and hopefully that will clear him up. The vet also told me he was overweight and that I should cut down on the crickets so I'm gonna try and cut it down to about 20-25 a week for now and see how he does with that.

Hes real active when I let him run around the room and I've become obsessed with him since I picked him up 1 1/2 weeks ago!

Ice

Juvie Member
Sounds like you're off to a great start and seem to be doing all the important things correctly!

Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of beardies!

-Matt

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome! Glad you adopted him and are giving him a better life. Also glad you took him to the vet for a check up to get healthy again! Lucky BD and lucky you to be owned by a BD! They can make great pets.
Would love to see pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom