Just curious

Kyomuno

Beardie name(s)
Osiris
So I have a total of 6 beardies in my home. 4 are extremely healthy and I have 0 concerns about them. 2 have some strange health issues and I noticed that both of them have these "points" at their hips that my others do not have. I a just curious about weather or not it is normal. The pictures do not do justice to how pronounced these "points" are, but it is the best we could get.

Attachments

• 20230406_172711.jpg
    20230406_172711.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230406_172702.jpg
    20230406_172702.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I have a total of 6 beardies in my home. 4 are extremely healthy and I have 0 concerns about them. 2 have some strange health issues and I noticed that both of them have these "points" at their hips that my others do not have. I a just curious about weather or not it is normal. The pictures do not do justice to how pronounced these "points" are, but it is the best we could get.
Not sure about that but some others might know
@AHBD
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They should flesh out with good husbandry. Both of my rescues where really thin and boney when i got them, now they look really good. It does take a little while for them to put the weight on though.

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Thank you guys! I was just worried because none of my other babies looked like that when I got them, so I wanted to see if this was normal. We are working hard to get the 2 little ones up to a healthy weight and give them better lives. I really do appreciate the help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Everyone is correct, they will eventually go away once they fill out a little more.
Some are more prominent than others, because their anatomy is unique & different.
It isn't anything to worry too much over though but just focus on some weight gain. :)

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom