Just built a New Viv! All pics from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
bplakers":coji9548 said:
Where'd you get the base for your heat lights for the inside? On mine I cut out a section on the top and just have the dome cover heat lights sitting on top. Have my uvb bulbs inside.

It's basically a 2 bulb holder like this (without the electrical box or sensor):

http://tinyurl.com/25l6yy3

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
dedc369":3b0qohay said:
k thnks do u have an idea if partical board would be ok

I'm pretty sure that melamine is just particle board with a veneer. If you use just particle board the only main difference is that you don't get the smooth white surface, and it might be a little tougher to clean easily.

dedc369

Hatchling Member
k so ill be good building out of that wood thanks bunches will be appreciated now lets get my dad committed too

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
dedc369":fo6ltifi said:
k so ill be good building out of that wood thanks bunches will be appreciated now lets get my dad committed too

Make sure you have a way to keep the dragons separate because they really shouldn't be housed together. They can really hurt, possibly kill, each other.

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mavellie":adj9scma said:
dedc369":adj9scma said:

Make sure you have a way to keep the dragons separate because they really shouldn't be housed together. They can really hurt, possibly kill, each other.

Yes thanks. That's why the enclosures can be blocked off as separate enclosures.

But in the year that they've been together, there has been NO aggressiveness that I've seen. They're all females and have grown up together too.

No, I'm not naive, I know stuff CAN happen and I'm prepared if it does.

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, here's as close to finished as it'll get!! (Of course I NEVER stop tweaking stuff). I put the trim on and added a few things inside the viv.

33kyrsn.jpg

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
Yes I noticed that your set up looked like they could be separated, and I in no way intended to imply ignorance or naivety on your part. I only wanted to make sure he also took those measures in his build, because if he did not build with that capability it could place him in a precarious position later.

I love the molding that you used, and admire your carpentry skills. Best of luck with your dragons. I hope that they continue to get along so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom