Just another new member post haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephotos

Hey everyone, I found this group by watching some beginner videos on YouTube. They suggested going here and I (like everyone else) have found this page to be immensely helpful!
I just moved out of my parents house about two months ago. I've always been a pet lover but I cannot have dogs or cats in my apartment. So I started looking into tanked animals. Fish were too boring and I wanted something I could interact with. My boyfriends brothers have a beardie and a leopard gecko. I started scrolling the Facebook pages and Craigslist and found someone getting rid of a five month old beardie with the entire set up! All for a steal of a deal too.
I've had her for two weeks now and the bonding process was going well but now she's irritated because she's shedding.
I've had some people tell me she's fat, but I'm not feeding her the huge amounts I've seen people saying some beardies eat. If anyone could pop in and let me know their opinions on her size and weight it would be greatly helpful!

Oh I've also been told she's a "fancy" bearded dragon. I've seen several posts about how fancy is a really broad term but if anyone on here could confirm or deny if she is or not that would be cool.

Thanks everyone for reading my post ?✌️

119cff9.jpg

2epq7ah.jpg

2ajnrm.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
She is a great looking dragon and looks well cared for.
She is a normal morph, unless there are some clear claws I'm not seeing, but there's nothing wrong with that. "Fancy" is a pet chain store term to try to upmark some of the dragons implying they are somehow special. Well, the special part is they are more likely to grow up to be more vibrant in color, that's about it.

My first dragon was a normal morph sold as a normal bearded dragon and turned out to be a beautifully striking citrus color.
My second dragon was sold as a normal and is a hypo morph, meaning his skin cannot make dark pigmentation, so he'll always be lighter in color and have clear claws.
My third now was sold as a fancy. She is a normal morph and still very dark but with some orange tinge. Considering she was "fancy", it implies her parents were of very striking color, and she's more likely to be striking as well.

Also at her age it's impossible for them to be fat. They need to eat and eat and eat to grow fast. Any belly she has now is normal. Once she's about 18 months old is when you can start being more focused on her being overweight.

Hope this helps!

ephotos

Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":36dy79tz said:
She is a great looking dragon and looks well cared for.
She is a normal morph, unless there are some clear claws I'm not seeing, but there's nothing wrong with that. "Fancy" is a pet chain store term to try to upmark some of the dragons implying they are somehow special. Well, the special part is they are more likely to grow up to be more vibrant in color, that's about it.

My first dragon was a normal morph sold as a normal bearded dragon and turned out to be a beautifully striking citrus color.
My second dragon was sold as a normal and is a hypo morph, meaning his skin cannot make dark pigmentation, so he'll always be lighter in color and have clear claws.
My third now was sold as a fancy. She is a normal morph and still very dark but with some orange tinge. Considering she was "fancy", it implies her parents were of very striking color, and she's more likely to be striking as well.

Also at her age it's impossible for them to be fat. They need to eat and eat and eat to grow fast. Any belly she has now is normal. Once she's about 18 months old is when you can start being more focused on her being overweight.

Hope this helps!

Yeah I thought she was a normal morph since she doesn't have clear claws. But the information you gave was excellent! Thanks so much for your response ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom