Just a few questions from a new beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

XavierCh

So since my last post I've switched spike to a 40 gallon breeder and he seems to love it...even though he spends most of his time basking

He's 11 1/2 inches now..4 months old he's still eating about 50 crickets a day and he loves his greens ( his favorite is collard greens) he gets wax worms as a treat ...I just ordered some Phoenix and butter worms so he can have some variety

Temps in the Viv have dropped some Since it's getting colder here in ny but it doesn't drop below 70

My question are
Is he growing at a good pace?
How many butter wax and Phoenix worms should i feed a week?
And is 50 crickets fine or should he be eating more?

holnik

Hatchling Member
well, my girl was only 10 inches long, and since he is a boy he seems to be fine

the wax worms are like big macs, i say once a week at the most

mmm, my sunshine would eat 12 crickets per day at that age, and her veggies if she would cooperate. i guess, if he is eating only 50, maybe push more his way. if he doesnt eat them then save them for next meal. and beardies do not over eat so do not worry about that, offer as much as he will take,

XavierCh

Original Poster
ok thanks...i was giving him 2 a day...but thanks for the advice ...ive heard the same about butter worms
60 small crickets is the max he would eat...ive tried to put more but he ignores them..so i have to put them back
he eats most of his veggies without a problem

how old is sunshine now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom