Just a few Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Do you guys use Calcium+ D3 or Calcium without it? I heard if you use with D3 it can only be given once a week. Are you supposed to use both? Here's my current routine:
Monday-fri Calcium withOUT D3
Sat+Sun Vitamins (Reptilife or reptolife I believes the name)

And I have the calcium with d3 but I've heard mixed things.

Another thing. I've heard you need to crush the heads on superworms. Horrific stories of superworms boroughing out of beardies was enough to make me take the extra time to crush the heads... I feed my beardies small supers, both are over 11 inches. Do you crush the heads on superworms? Thanks :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The only reason you wouldn't dust with D3 is if you are use a mercury vapor bulb or something like that. With the reptisun you want to be dust with D3.

Superworms aren't going to burrow out of your dragons. I've never fed superworms to smaller dragons so i've never chopped the heads off.

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":186ns1cu said:
The only reason you wouldn't dust with D3 is if you are use a mercury vapor bulb or something like that. With the reptisun you want to be dust with D3.

Superworms aren't going to burrow out of your dragons. I've never fed superworms to smaller dragons so i've never chopped the heads off.

-Brandon
Ok... yeah the borrowing thing really freaked me out o_O so I've been crushing them recently. The superworms digest fine, I get a nice poop everyday :D and ok, I'll start dusting with the D3, do I do the D3 5x a week too?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, The reptisun doesn't really provide enough uvb exposure to create enough D3, which is why you want to still supplement with it.

The stronger bulbs like the Mercury vapor bulbs and what not do produce a bit more uvb which is why d3 isn't really need. Although, I don't know if you could eliminate it totally, since I haven't used a MVB so I can't be sure on that.

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2dztuz4y said:
Well, The reptisun doesn't really provide enough uvb exposure to create enough D3, which is why you want to still supplement with it.

The stronger bulbs like the Mercury vapor bulbs and what not do produce a bit more uvb which is why d3 isn't really need. Although, I don't know if you could eliminate it totally, since I haven't used a MVB so I can't be sure on that.

-Brandon
Cool, I'm glad I kept the other calcium now =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom