Just a couple of quick questions from a worried (newb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
93359-5854428010.jpg

When I rescued Bruce and Natasha, Bruce's tail was much shorter than Nats. I don't have any history of what caused that... does it look to you like his tail is healthy? I have a few more pics of them on my profile. If you guys want better pics of his tail I can get you those.
Also, I purchased a 24" reptisun 10.0 bulb (t5)... I had it in the light fixture that is on top of my screen top and it only worked for 2 days. I emailed the company and found that once I ship the old bulb to them they will send me another one. I am just worried that not having the uvb on them, that it will hurt them by depriving them of the calcium that I coat their food with. Is there another type of bulb that I could use in place of the uvb I am waiting on? I was thinking I saw something on here about some kind of hardware style bulb? I do have 2 of the coil zilla uvb lights but from what I have seen on here I am avoiding using them. Any help is appreciated.
Dan

In this pic Bruce is in the foreground.
93359-5074215415.jpg

hibutan

The shorter tail is more than likely caused by a tail nip. Baby bearded dragons will sometimes bite the toes and tails of their cagemates thinking that it's food, causing missing toes and shorter tails. It is nothing to worry about as long as it has healed up fine and there is no sign of infection.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
As long as you get the new Reptisun 10.0 T5 replacement tube within a week or two they'll be fine. Just take them outside for some natural sunlight as often as you can, and they'll be fine for a week or two without a UVB light. Now if it's going to be like a month before you get the new UVB tube for some reason, then I'd definitely order a new Reptisun 10.0 tube from Amazon or petmountain.com, but I can't imagine it will take that long for them to ship the replacement to you.

Don't use any coiled or compact UVB bulbs in the meantime, they likely won't provide much usable UVB light to them anyway, and you'll likely end up with eye issues. It's sad but true that sometimes no UVB light for the short-term is much better than using 90% of the UVB lights sold...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko

Dragonsandherps

Original Poster
When I put them outside in their tank...I usually sit in a lawn chair right beside them or I lay in the grass beside their tank. I don't leave them out without me being there so I can monitor the heat and their behavior. I will have to look at the link you sent me a little later.. I am at work and our internet usage is monitored... and it wont let me visit that link. I am not sure why :banghead:

Sspeter78

I'd buy a new bulb while you wait on the replacement and keep the new one for a year from now (or less) when it's time to change out the bulb. I wouldn't expect that you could ship to them and get a return in a short enough time to have no UVB bulb for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom