Jumping at her fluorescent light all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcgeorge95

Lola, 1, was given to me just two days ago and seems to be settling in rather well. She is eating well, not acting at all strange, apart from she is always trying to jump up onto her light. Note: this is not the basking light, but the long fluorescent light that spans the length of her tank. She trys using to use the thermometer on the side of the tank to push her way up, fortunately she is unable to stay there or she may burn herself :cry: , does anybody have any suggestions as to why she may be doing this?
Thanks,
amcgeorge95.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
i'm not 100% sure why they do this but my beardie, who i've had for 1 year sometimes tries to jump on her light too....think it might be because they like to climb and they're just interested in getting higher??!!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I aw my girl do that once, She jumped up and was hanging on to the light fixture and I had to get her off of it. Lucky didn't burn herself, but that was the only time I caughter her doing it.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
amcgeorge95":375s8xdr said:
Lola, 1, was given to me just two days ago and seems to be settling in rather well. She is eating well, not acting at all strange, apart from she is always trying to jump up onto her light. Note: this is not the basking light, but the long fluorescent light that spans the length of her tank. She trys using to use the thermometer on the side of the tank to push her way up, fortunately she is unable to stay there or she may burn herself :cry: , does anybody have any suggestions as to why she may be doing this?
Thanks,
amcgeorge95.
just like catuk said they are curious creatures and want to observe things that look interesting to them its what they do i know juvenile beardies do that cuz they are always curious because their young but i never seen an adult beardie do it count on how big they are :lol: how low is your flourescent tube to your bearded dragon? cuz if its low they think that its a object that they can just jump on and not knowing what it really is they dont know they will get burned if they jump on it they think its a platform samething with us some people smoke but they dont really know its going to effect them as they get older in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom