Judge me...

I got Ruby. I know I know I know.
But hear me out.... I walked into the store after leaving my wallet in the car on purpose because I was not going to purchase Ruby. Well....I tiptoed to the back and there s/he was...basking. I just stared at her for a while and cooed until someone asked me if I worked there. ANYWAYs, I was leaning so close to the cage she thought my keys were going to open the case.
So I get the guy and start with my story. We are in agreement, they wouldn't get along, it wouldn't work but for 10.00 I am walking out of the store.

Read that again!
I was in disbelief.
I said, "get the manager." The manager looked like he cared less---he just wanted the space for the python or the turtle.
I was tired of them feeding her pellets too.
Then he pulled her tail, she puffed up
it was time to save her.
20230816_182318.jpg
20230816_184752.jpg

I have to live with my decision now.
Ruby is downstairs where Rocky is with me.
I will not introduce them.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Ruby is sleeping, I will post her/him in the morning. Yes, please tell me the gender.
I can't believe no one had faith me. I TRIED REALLY HARD TO RESIST- I did!!
I think the cheap price was to get me to stop stalking LOL

The name will remain Ruby even if it's a boy.
On the drive home, Ruby was kicking in the box. I opened it and I opened the sunroof and she was fine. Well, until I hit that corner, she puffed up LOL
Then she scaled the walls of the box - but she calmed down.
She let me pet her but when I put her in her enclosure (Rocky's first 40 gallon), she closed her eye on me. I respected her space but she's sleeping so peacefully.

The sad part is I set up the enclosure with everything I had at home---brand new!!
I only need thermometers! That's such a shame!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well it's the first day and I am not off to a good start messing with the lights. The timer was switched off which is good because I am setting her to different hours but I accidently cut the lights on 3 times. In fairness, her eyes were open. But whew the LOOKS- it has to be a girl.
I ran upstairs and loved on Rocky.
Rocky has no idea.

I will take pictures in a couple of hours- I have to remember to wash my hands between beardies- I will be back.
I am so proud that I am not scared of Ruby...she's so soft by the way. A little evil (scared I am sure) but soft.

Oh my dubia roaches came last night at midnight, if that isn't a sign. WHEN DOES THAT EVER HAPPEN?! I received some extra baby hormworms...listen, everything is aligning. Or I am justifying :)

I must admit, I slowly clicked on this site this morning. I have no idea what @xp 2 9 is going to say. I am purposely not tagging him. He is gonna gettttttt me LOL!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I say CONGRATZZZZZZ 😉😉😉
You got this, Ruby is a great name and a gorgeous dragon 🐉.
Hopefully Ruby is a she, but either way, you'll still give him/her the best home and most love a dragon 🐉 can hope for.
I can't wait to read the stories that are yet to come 😁
(I knew you were going to go save her lol !!!!!). And you don't have to justify it(i stopped doing that years ago) you are your own woman, the only justification you need is that you want to!! 😉🙂

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom