Jim is 1 now -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Hatchling Member
So Jim turned 1 yr in March .
I have been trying so hard to not freak out over all the little things he does . But I have some questions .

He had slowed down a great deal in Nov , not a full brumation but what others have said is a winter slow down . He eats little but basks and runs around like normal . He still gets a 20 minute bath daily and runs around on the floor at least 30 min a day . He picks at his greens and eats a few live feeders a day , but nothing like before Nov . I have tried butters , horn worms & dubias . He only picks at them , no gobbling them up like others have said . He did have a fecal done back in Nov and all was good .

His last full shed was in Oct and has just recently started to she in small patches on his head & face. I figured with the slow down he was not growing so the not shedding was normal .
Jim has been the same weight ( 525g) since Oct and the same length ( 21 in ) since Oct .
I doubt he will grow any longer but I would assume he will slowly put on more weight ?

He has not lost any weight at all since Nov , some days he is just a little more then poops and is back to 525g , but has never gone under . I am hoping that his appetite picks up soon , hopefully with the longer and brighter days .

So how does he look to you ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
525g is big. He's probably almost or is full grown. They do tend to slow down a bit when they get older. Same curiosity but slower movement and more lazing around the basking area from what I've seen. He definitely won't have the appetite of a little guy. It's insane how much they eat. Time to shift the diet to mostly veggies with the occasional bugs. It takes a bit of creativity and effort to keep the salads varied and catch Jim's interest. Based on the picture he looks pretty happy to me and this sounds normal.

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
Im certainly no expert. Im a new dragon mom...so I have no input, other than, Jim is so gorgeous. Such a handsome dragon.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Harley did pretty much the same thing about not eating much and lounging around and sleeping early when she was about 7-8 months old this past winter. She's turning 1 year old tomorrow and she is back to being a little piggy and eating pretty much anything in sight. She did go through a period for about 2 weeks about a month ago where she was running all over. I'm assuming maybe she was looking for a mate but now she is just a pet rock that loves to eat and look at stuff. Jim looks fine to me and his behavior seems pretty normal. He hasn't been black bearding and bobbing his head till it looks like its about to fall off at anything in sight? Seems the males do that a lot where as the females just become more active for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom