JEWELRY DISPLAY CASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIKE09

I used an old jewelry display case that i got off of craigslist for free. it has two 2 foot light fixtures that will hold a repti-glo 10.0 uvb bulbs and everything. i put a couple of bags of sand and a couple of pavestones and some tile one log and 2 added light fixtures so i can just turn one off and one on as needed. looks great and is plenty of room for my dragons. anyone who wants a photo let me know i will email it to them.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
That sounds awsome! GREAT find!!!! I keep my eyes open for a front sliding something also. i get tired of reaching over my stuff!

on a side note.... I'd turn off the Repti-glo and get a Repti-sun 10 tube light! The Glo's have been linked to serious health/eye issues!!! also, not sure how big/old your beardie is, but unless they are about a year old or older, make sure you just have straight play sand and not the calci-sand. Tile, repti-turf, non adhesive shelf liners, even newpaper/paper towels are better then sand! less bacteria and no chance of impaction.

Anyway... We'd love to see pics! :)
ruby

SPIKE09

Original Poster
YEAH I HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE REPTI-GLO OR REPTI-SUN BULBS I JUST HAVE THE COIL UVB FOR NOW.
I DO HAVE THE PROPER SAND THOUGH. I KNOW OF THE RISKS WITH SAND.
I DO PLAN TO GET THE BULBS WHEN I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY. RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO SWITCH OUT THE HEAT LAMP FOR INFARED AT NIGHT AND IT IS KINDA A PAIN TO DO SO.
PHOTOS TO COME

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
All caps aren't necessary, but thanks! ;)

You shouldn't need/use an infared bulb at night. the red bulb actually disturbs the Bd's sleep pattern since they have a 3rd eye that senses the light at night. if you use it for temps and your night time temps w/out light get below 65 you should get a CHE-ceramic heat emitter.

and hope you get your Rept-sun soon since the coil bulbs are awful too.

Not trying to be a pain, just want your beardie to thrive! :)

Seven65

Juvie Member
Coil bulbs can be very dangerous, I would advise shutting it off right away and getting the aforementioned Reptisun 10.0 tube ASAP. Also you probably don't need nighttime heat, unless the temp in your viv drops below 65º at night. As said before the infrared can keep them awake. If you are dropping below 65º try using a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) they provide heat but no light of any sort. I saw your viv in your other thread it looks very nice, have you separated your dragons yet btw?

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I know it can be a bit aggrevating and somewhat of a let down when you post about one topic, see that you have replies, and all it seems everyone does is point out everything your doing wrong. Please don't take it personally, and try not to get too upset. I have realized that that is how it is here, not because the people here are rude, no, but just the opposite! Many, if not all, here have the deepest passion and love for beardies so it just comes out naturally sometimes. I have even found myself doing it once in a while. On this note though, the people here do know what they are talking about so please take it into consideration and always keep in mind it is only for the best for your beardie. And, when this does happen it is not needed to use all capital letters because when this is done throughout the whole statement it means you are yelling, and well that just isn't nice.

Wanting to see a pic comes automatic. I can guarantee that each person that clicked into your post did it thinking they might see a pic :D , so post that pic already and stop making us wait :lol:

SPIKE09

Original Poster
dragonslayer2.jpg

dragonslayer.jpg

Well here they are the photos of the dragon's layer.

That is a 150 watt basking heat buld in the corner and a basic coil bulb in the middle which i plan to change
out with the 2 foot long bulbs the display case has. I turned the mirrored sliding back and turned it around (back left corner)
and the other clear glass in the back right is actuall from an old big screen tv I disected which does slide.
That is a huge Dragon Candel on top that sits in the middle.
Repti-sand (not calci-sand) on both sides and carpet in the middle. (Turf style easy to clean.)
Large water dish on top left and a ceramic bowl in the middle with calcium dust...i drop the superworms in and they burrow and
dust themselves. I just recently changed it to a salad dish. I saw a video of meal worms hiding in the veggies and the dragon's would eat
the veggies to get to the worms....it works!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Haha, that does work! I wrap a worm in a green then spear a sharp piece of carrot through.The green looks like it wiggles and Zinger gets two veggies and a treat! :roll: Yes, I know that is twisted...

SPIKE09

Original Poster
dragoncloseup.jpg

dragon2.jpg

dragon1.jpg

head to tail won't fit in the photo

dragon5.jpg

green coloration on underside and a white stripe down her back

this is the little dragon
dragon6.jpg

Sunshinessmile

Hatchling Member
looks cool! I think that dragon candle looks awesome as well!... oh yea... lol i love your little dragon too!

My guess on that green color is that it is coming from the carpet stuffs you have in there. Its not uncommon at all for dragons to get the color rubbed off on them. It happens with colored sand as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom