Jax wants to say Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxmommy1

86423-9734510500.jpg
86423-5792222456.jpg
New to beardie ? Brought him home on the 121st.
I did tons of research and took time setting up his home. He is so cute!! So cute I now deal with roaches and crickets. Looking into Phoenix worms also. He knew he was for me when he waved at me from the store. He has been so friendly and easy going. He seems to go with the flow. No trouble with food ( even have him eating salad from my hands )
I was holding him earlier today and he pooped in my hand. I didn't even really care. Haha!! I have joined the beardie obsession. Looking forward to meeting you and ur beardies...

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
It is paper towel for now. I noticed also not newest pic of his home. I'll have to post another. Thanks for greeting!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Jaxmommy1":1z0kktce said:
It is paper towel for now. I noticed also not newest pic of his home. I'll have to post another. Thanks for greeting!
you might try an eco repti rug or other rug made for reptiles like beardies and such. or slate/ non shiny tile

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Ah, i thought it was sand. I can see that now. Paper towel works great as long as you change it and dony mind the aesthetics or lack thereof. I personally prefere rock-like tiles.

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
86423-7269782172.jpg
Thanks for the advice. Paper towels just for now. I have slate for a bit later. He is pooping at least once a day so I'm keeping up on it. I really don't mind any of the odd creepy things you would think of.
I went and bought him some fleece. I cut into squares and put in his basking rock cave and when I went to make sure lights and things switched to night time I saw he was buried in them. All I could see was his tail. I refrained from taking a photo for fear of waking him but so cute.
After he ate dinner and had some time to digest, I checked on him and he was surfing So I took him out. He chilled for an hour with me. Fell asleep even. He is taking greens from my hand. Bath time is going really well. We even have a drinking game, I spray the side of tank and he tries to catch the drops. I mean this is the pet I never knew I always wanted. ?
I have Phoenix worms coming in the mail I'm so excited to try out. He is loving the roaches. I don't mind the roaches at all. I still find that odd. I didn't like the crickets. I was having nightmares of them. ? I'm thinking with the roaches and the worms and greens. He will be good. He is growing on my husband and daughter. Thanks to you all all so. I have learned so much. I find myself on here whenever I'm web surfing.

ancapper

I currently have a juvenile in a crossfire enclosure with tile, but since he poops in the same spot every day, i put down paper towels like a wee wee pad for a puppy. My hatchling in a 40 breeder is on paper towels. they are just so easy to keep the viv clean.

I agree on crickets, they are the devil. I tried phoenix worms, but neither of mine are into them, they love roaches.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Awesome ! If he takes to the worms, you can get 2000 mediums for 32 bucks at symtonbsf.com , then if you have a way to keep them between 50-60 degrees they will keep for up to a month!

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
I have the slate to put in. Was waiting but he seems to go on same spot mostly too. I will have to try the poop pad and see if works.
I tried to make a snuggle sack but It Was a fail. I got heat and bond. It didn't stick though. Trying again tomorrow. Got the cutest bug print fleece to use
Thank you so much for the worm advice. That is the cheapest I have seen. Fingers crossed he likes them. I want to give at least 2 types of protein and I really hate the crickets.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I know what you mean completely. I feed my dragons dubia twice a day and one feeding of bsfl. Oh and they actually send you 2400 , im not sure why they lisy it as 2000 on their site. When you buy the mediums, they send four tubs of 600. I wouldnt bother with the smalls, they are very soft worms. You would be okay feeding mediums even to a fresh out the egg hatchling. Also, you can put them in a small tub with organic bread and baby food, and slap a heat mat on the bottom, and they will eat and grow, sometimes even longer then an inch!

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
To get them to the right temp, i just put them in a mini fridge turned all the way to the lowest setting. When i take temps of ambient air inside, it varies between 50-55. Another good staple protein is silks, but ive never seen silkworms sell 2400 for 32 bucks lol

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
I read you could put in a bin with a gallon frozen water and that works to keep the worms. I am going to try that. I went to website and its even free shipping. I am thrilled! Thanks so much! I am starting a roach colony also. My husband has a green thumb and has started on growing the greens. I can't wait till he is a bit bigger so I can get a harness and go outside.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Huh, ive never heard that method. Wonder how that works, mine have always died off sooner when i put them in a regular fridge , i assumed it was it was too cold. How long is that supposed to keep them? Where did you see that if you dont mind me asking?

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
I can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure I just googled keeping calci worms. It said to buy 2 gallon jugs and each day switch it out. I'll try to find link and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom