Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's either the lack of UVB or it could be a respiratory infection. Either way he needs a new light. You're right in saying that the UVB degrades, it's starts degrading for sure at 5 mo, never mind 6. Is there any way you can get one online? Because they're a lot less expensive than at the pet shop. But it's necessary, would explain the lethargy. I'm going through the same thing with mine, can't afford new ones but they all need one. Luckily it's sunny lately, so they've all been getting sunshine but that doesn't happen often enough over here. Worries me, but hopefully be beg June I can order, as I need 5, not just one. I heard that www.petmountain.com has inexpensive Reptisun 10.0, if they take paypal would that help? Wish I could help you, I'd order one for you but being on disability I don't have any extra. And tell Mike that Jango can't be replaced, he's one of a kind, like Nathan. He's just being a jerk when he says stuff like that. I can understand your frustration, though. Hang in there...

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
5/23/14 Friday 10:30am

Hey all.. just wanted to let ya know we finally got Jango new lights. We had two 50watt basking bulbs for him but that didn't seem hot enough.. Mike ordered a 2pk of 100w bulbs this time.. should I put both 100w bulbs on for him? He's in a 40gal. breeder tank.. right now I have one 100w and one 50w (but the 50w is one of the old ones). Also got him a new Reptisun 10.0 tube light.. I couldn't remember when we got the last one so I was lookin on here through my stuff and seen we got it in Aug. 1012 :shock: :banghead: I didn't know it was that long ago.. I can't believe I let him go with that light that long! Ugh! I've been letting him without that for so long! I just want to kick myself till I can't stand up.. I know we did get him new basking lights since then though but still :banghead: Before all Jango has been doing is laying in his corner not wanting to do anything.. As soon as I replaced his lights he got up, yawned and walked over and got up on his small half log taking it all in. I hope he gets better now.. I feel like a bad mom :( The reptisun 10.0 says to change every year.. is that correct or should I change that every six months too..along with the basking lights? I thought I was doing a good job at keeping him safe and in good health when all along I wasn't.. I feel like crying. I still want to get him to a vet too.. when I can save up the money.. there is one alittle ways past where Mike works I'm gonna try to get him too.. it's the closest one at about a half hour away.. not too many reptile vets around here.

This past week has been hell.. last friday I ran over a board with nails in them on the side of the driveway.. I have no clue why Mike would put boards with nails sticking out them on the side of the driveway.. so I had to buy a new tire.. it was unfixable.. that was $80 gone.. then I had to buy a new strut for the car (ordered online).. another $123 gone.. I told Nathan I was gonna take him to his school fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese (wich is today).. but now I can't because I have $17 to my name until next friday and I still need to get a few things *sigh* So I promised him that I would take him when I get paid.. then Mike told him we will take him when we can because he was planning on taking him anyways after school's out for the summer for doing so well. Mike bought Jango's lights with the little money he got paid wich wasn't all that much I think it was like $40 something he said. He also had to pay $63 to get the new strut put on. So we're pretty much broke until next Friday.. hope we have enough gas in the car to get to work. Oh, another thing is I went and got my first mammogram done on the 14th.. they called the other day and said I need to go get more tests done because they see something in both of my breasts.. they said it may just be heavy tissue mass but they want to make sure it's nothing more.. so keep your fingers crossed that its nothing.. I go on Tuesday for that.

Well today I'm off and my mom's coming up and we're going to see Nathan's school spring concert.. he said his class is last.. I just hope I don't fall asleep.. I'm so tired.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG Tammy, what an awful time you've had! I swear the minute we get $ there are so many things that have to be paid. I'm glad you got Jango his Reptisun 10.0 & stop banging yourself over the head, it happens, it's not as if your life has been a bed of roses over the last year. And yes, they should be switched out every 6 month, so if you continue to do that, he'll be fine. It's not as if he never got real sunshine all this time because I know he did. So don't worry, if he was going to be sick, he'd show it. At least he has the light now, look forward now, not backwards. I'd put it on a calendar so you don't forget in future. I have to write everything down or I forget...

I so hoping it's dense tissue, too, and nothing serious at all. I'll be thinking of you next Tuesday, fingers crossed.

I'm so glad Nathan has done so well this year! It's great to hear!

So keep your head up, I've been through alot of grief over the last couple of years, too, learned that looking forward is all you can do, otherwise you end up drowning. So take care, k?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Hi Tammy, I did the same thing with our first two beardies. At the time I didn't know what I've learned since about the correct husbandry of beardies. We used the same uvb tube for more than 2 years, if I remember correctly. At that time I didn't even realize that it was important to have the correct temps. Then I hadn't found this site. I went everywhere in town that i could think to go to to ask questions and I got some right answers, like not to use the undertank heater, that it wasn't good for beardies. I remember seeing baby beardies that were green, like St. Patricks day green and was told that they turned that color because of the calci sand the petstore put them on. They took them off when they realized what happened to let it work out of their systems. I have learned soo much since then. Don't kick yourself over it. We all make mistakes. Forgive yourself.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Tammy stop beating yourself up, we all forget things, I have done it with Geico and Emily and she is fine. We all know why Geico passed on but it was not lights. Jango is a big healthy boy with your care and he will be fine.
I am so sorry about the expenses you have had to incur. I hope things get better for you.
I am not taking this lightly with your news about your mammogram. I want you to know that a lot of times, when something is found, its usually nothing to worry about. Could be anything from dense tissue to a cyst or fibroid tissue. They may do another mammogram, some blood work, urinalysis, and possibly an xray. It could have just been a bad picture, I have seen that happen before. I cant tell you to not be concerned but try to not be overly concerned, easier said than done. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

sue09

Hatchling Member
I have just spent a good few hours reading your post,what fun I've had Jango is such a beautiful dragon. I'm sure he'll buck up now with his new lights,and I hope all goes well for you on Tuesday Best Wishes Sue x

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
6/4/14 Wednesday 12:15pm

Hey all.. finally got around to get back here and get ya'll updated on stuff. Hello Sue :)

I went for the other mammogram and ultrasound.. they still found things on both breasts so I have to go see a surgeon on Thursday the 12th.. they said they will probably give me another mammogram and ultrasound there among other stuff and then we'll see where we go from there. Thank you all for the kind words. I also got an appt. for Jango tomorrow (thursday 5th) at 4:15pm to see the vet. The one I wanted to see originally no longer see's exotics so they preferred me to another one that is closer to me.. the checkup will only be $35 so that's not bad at all.. I am gonna take a sample of his poo in.. does it matter if it was in the tub with water?? That's the only place he will poo now.. I got it from today's bath. I am also gonna tell her about how it seems to me his breathing isn't right at times and see what she says.. I just don't hope she don't charge me more for extra stuff because I don't have any extra $$ unless she bills me and lets me pay it later. I just want him to be ok.

I had Nathan and Jango both outside the other day.. the only really nice day that we've had for awhile.. I swear it rains nearly every day lately. Nathan's last day of school is tomorrow too.. then on friday I have a dentist appt. and on saturday we are going to one of my niece's graduation party. So I got a busy weekend coming up. Got some pictures too..

Jango decided to use his log as a pillow 5/27/14:

Jango (Mike and I rearranged his logs, he couldn't lay on them anymore the way they were) 5/30/14:

6/1/14:

what a big yawn..

Out in the sun 6/2/14:

can they eat buttercups? he wanted to and I wouldn't let him so I stuck it on his head for a hat LOL

Hope you enjoyed them :)

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Hi Tammy,

Just stopping by to say what a handsome man Jango is, his colors are wonderful & that yellow beard :mrgreen: (I love the yellow beards 8)).
I just love his buttercup hat :D He's a very photogenic beardie.
Good luck with the surgeon. Hope everything comes back normal (what is normal anyways :lol:).

Sabrina

sue09

Hatchling Member
He is such a poser,lol but he's gorgeous. good luck with your next appoitment and also Jango's. x

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just checked the only list of flowers I've ever found and buttercup wasn't on it, so I think you're better making hats for him, he sure looks cute, not too impressed, though. I loved all the pictures, like the way you fixed his logs so he can lay on one. Good thinking.

I hope they don't find anything wrong that has to do with surgery on your next appointment. Good luck, my fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Glad you got some sun, you've been getting the same weather as Tonja in Colorado, just constant rain. Yuck. It's been off & on here, not too much rain, not too hot, but that's not surprising, that's what we'll get until winter gets here, then it's rain, rain, rain, & sometimes snow.

Let us know how Jango does at the vet, and yes, you can use poo that's been in water, as long as you put it in tinfoil right away & in the fridge. That keeps it fresh for the test.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Deb :) Hmm.. didn't know about the tinfoil.. I just put it in a tiny container and Mike would never leave me put it in the fridge.. I'll take it anyways just incase.. if they don't want it then they can throw it away I guess. Since he poo'd today he won't poo again before we have to leave for the vet. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom