Jade's Thread. :D New pics 10/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Hello guys! I already introduced this beautiful baby in the introductions board, but now that she has a name, she needs a thread of her own. Ms. Jade is my first snake who WASN'T named Ryan. She is beautiful, calm, well balanced. She embodies all the best traits of the corn snake and then some. She weighed in at 6g when I brought her home on Saturday. She is an Okeetee crossed with an Apalachicola. But enough out of me, here are pictures!

Pictures:
IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Trying to eat the camera, lol
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

I am absolutely THRILLED with this girl! :D

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. :)
Jade is just over a foot. Got a semi accurate measure last night. :)

IMG_0228-1.jpg

IMG_0229-1.jpg

I'll put up more pics later tonight. :)

Floof

Juvie Member
What a gorgeous little normal. Looks like she might even develop some nice okeetee-type borders, too!

You said she's an Okeetee crossed with an Apalachicola? Okeetee is a selective bred version of a wild-type/normal corn snake, referring either to direct descendents of the original Okeetee locality or to selective bred "Okeetee-types." However, there's no "Apalachicola" morph, locality, anything, in corns, at least that I've ever heard of... There's an Apalachicola king snake, but no Apalachicola corn snake. Is there a possibility yours is a hybrid (jungle corn--corn snake x king snake cross)? She doesn't look like a hybrid, she looks pure corn, but the declaration of her being part apalachicola has me wondering...

Sorry, probably just nit-picking. In any case, she's adorable, and looks like she'll grow up to be a stunning adult. Congrats on the pick up!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing, but since Apalachicola is a part of Florida, and her sides look similar to a Miami morph, I just figured her dad was a Miami morph and the breeder was a tad eccentric. :p Thanks, I fed her earlier tonight. She is SUCH a dream. I warm the pink, throw it in her tank and walk away. When I come back to check in 5-10 mins the mouse is gone. :D I don't even have to jiggle the pink!

Floof

Juvie Member
That's definitely a more likely possibility. :) Many of the less reputable, less "in-the-know" on corn morphs, and/or, as you so eloquently put it, more "eccentric" breeders/dealers have been known to make up names to make their animals sound more interesting.. So that may be the case. Heck, maybe dad, or his parents, were WC in the apalachicola area and she decided to call them that since it'd be technically a locality.

Who knows... But it does make more sense than a cornxking hybrid that looks pure corn. :)

Anyway, congrats on the successful feeding. I love how easy corns are, on all levels of care!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I haven't posted here in a while, LOL.

Jade has grown TONS since the last time I posted pictures. I really need to find that darn camera! She has been upgraded to a 5.5gal tank and 3g pinks/fuzzies. One every Wednesday. She is still such a dream. She has gotten more explorative(if that is even a word, lol). Her new favorite thing is climbing around on the warm computer. :p She is currently in blue, so we will have a bright pretty snake to photograph when I do find the camera!

Pixall

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Still no caamera, I may just stoop to taking bad cell phone pictures just so I can get SOMETHING up here to show her growth. Some days I just look at her and go ....wow.

She is now my little desk buddy. :) I have started writing again, and she chills with me for 8 hours a day just watching me write. :p Silly girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom