Jack Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Here are pics of Jack he is doing so much better thanks to all of you who have helped
me figure out what I was doing wrong! I hope Jack can look like Rex Someday!!! Thanks
100_8464.jpg

100_8471.jpg

100_8459.jpg

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day & Night

From Josie, Jacks Mom

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Josie,

How sweet that you want Jack to look like my Rex someday. I will take that as a compliment...Thank You :D .

The yellow coloring around Jack's eyes and ears...has that shown up just since you've been using the new uvb or was it always there? Don't get worried, it's normal , I just didn't remember seeing it before. The coloring is a good sign!! :blob5:

Happy Valentine's Day to you also !!

Dawn

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hum!
Not Sure? That is why I am taking pictures of him everyday. I will go back to one of the very first ones I took.
I couldn't get myself to take a full body picture, because he looked so bad.
Do you think Jack will every fill out like Rex??

Here is Last Saturday.
100_8408-2.jpg

Here is Yesterday: It looks like he's getting more Huh..
100_8466.jpg

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, it looks like he is starting to improve.

I think Jack will fill out with the proper care but he may not get to adult bearded dragon size. I think you'll see his colors improve a lot and overall health improve.

Good luck with this.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes I think so too. Not sure on his size? That one will be a mistery to us all.
Maybe he will blow us all away becasue I'm shocked at how fast he is changing!
I thought it would be at least a good month before I seen change. But he overall
apperance is wonderful. Do You have any pictures you would like to share with me?
Thanks
Josie

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Yes - keep us updated. We'd love to see the transition.

Here's some of Kwayze (some are repeats):

2954349617_8c8a274fbc.jpg

2954349187_f05699de5f.jpg

She's really a beautiful orange color but the camera never captures it. However, below she is kind of black because she had been out for a while running around.
3277505538_195feb7b16.jpg

3239015321_1bd3e0d61e.jpg

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Those are super awesome! I am so impressed with everybody's dragon on this site! They are amazing looking.
So So Healthy. Could you send these pictures of to a post I made in the gereral discussions: " I'd Love To See Your Beautiful Dragons Send Pics Please! " That way other can see you beautiful babies too.
Thanks so much for sharing I absolutly love it! :silent: P.S. Yes I am going to keep the pictures coming Of Jacks Progress
Thanks Josie
Jacks Mom

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks for the compliments! I'll post on that other thread when I have a chance. Just one thing that I just noticed...do you still have him on sand? He can get impacted that way...some alternatives are reptile carpet, newspaper, tile, or paper towels. Hope this helps =)

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I do have him on sand I have had him on sand for as long as I have had him.
He goes to the bathroom just fine, it has never been a problem for him.
THanks
Josie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jack must not be a licker. Only adult lickers and babies shouldn't be on sand. Some people say calci sand is o.k. for adult beardies. I've seen do many pics of adult beardies with strange coloring on their feet and legs and the beardies had been on calcisand. So the least problems that you can have from calcisand is stained feet, and the worst problems are major impactions.

As long as you use play sand, silicone free, of course, you shouldn't have any problems with the sand and impaction. Some have reported that the sand keeps getting durty and can cause parasite and reinfection of parasites.

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay guys heres the deal with Jack! Now that he is getting the supers worms and the crickets, all gut loaded with great stuff by the way.
He is not wanting to eat any green :angry5: I was afraid of that! :x But I know right now he needs the protien so I am not too concerned.
So today I just offered the Kale I just bought him. And he turns his nose up to it.
Do you think since I am trying to put weight on him cause of years of him not getting the protien that it should be okay for a while to just let him enjoy the live food??? He is pooping everyday single day real well with no problems and a good amount too. It looks good not soft or running just a good long turds.
Dawn or Barbara if your out there could you guys please respond back Thanks.
P.S. I don't want to see him start losing weight because he doesn't want the greens right now.
Thanks Josie

Here are pictures of Jack This Saturday
100_8494.jpg

100_8495.jpg

100_8493.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Josie,

Wow !!! Jack is really starting to fill out .. :D

At this point I would not worry to awful much if he is not eating his veggies. You are giving him his vitamins, right? Still offer the fresh veggies daily. Try maybe even putting the veggies in his viv in the A.M. before you offer the worms/crix. Have you tried putting the worms on top of his salad/veggies? Sometimes they get a piece here and there while they are ravenously tearing up the salad trying to get to the worms, hide a few under the salad also. Don't worry yourself crazy...Jack will be fine!!!

P.S. On a lighter note...if his poop starts "running" ...we've got serious problems then... :lol:

Dawn

singtoyou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Dawn,
No his poop is looking real good, just like it should, good tips on the veggies, I will try, and see if I can keep them on the veggies,
they crawl pretty dah-gone fast but I'll try. I have tried in the am giving upon him waking up just the veggies until about 12:00 but
he is being stuburn about it. So just now I gave him some carrots on top of this Kale in hopes that he will eat some. But yeah, I'm not
going to worry about it, cause he is doing really good, and I feel very comfortable now. If he can survive Me :shock: He can survive
anything :lol: :wink:
Thanks Dawn
Josie

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
gulfbrzdawn":1b6ac said:
P.S. On a lighter note...if his poop starts "running" ...we've got serious problems then... :lol:

Josie, that was supposed to be meant as a funny ha-ha. You said his poop wasn't running instead of runny. I have a bit of a warped sense of humor, at times. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom