Izzy's FINALLY in brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, she's eating now & not hiding all the time?

If you have the T5, that is a high output bulb and the distance to her in the basking spot should be at least 12" but 14 to 16" would be safer. Is it mounted in her tank? What is the exact distance of the bulb to her while basking?

Dimming the basking bulb way down really isn't good as that can cause the UVB to bother her eyes making her want to get away from it. What is the wattage of the basking bulb & what size is the tank again?

Might be helpful to write the date you purchased the bulb on a calendar as a reminder or do what I do and use a black marker with the purchase date right on the side of the bulb itself.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Any time there are silk worms or daichoid roaches involved, she's all for it. She seems to only kinda like crickets; tbh I think she just eats them because they are annoying her. I'm trying to keep her bugs to a minimum since she is kinda fat.

The t5 bulb is on the screen of the enclosure. I think its a 20 gallon tank? I currently do not have climbable things in there other than the hammock at the basking light. The enclosure is too small for large things for her fat butt to climb on. I'm working on getting something bigger, but life is in the way atm. The uvb bulb is definitely not 12" away in her basking hammock...

A problem that compounds this, I do not have AC in the room im in. So the enclosure gets hot easy, as well as my room from the light. I'm not sure what the wattage of the basking bulb is atm, I'm at work so I can't check. It's the bulb ZooMed advertises for desert lizards.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you still using the Zoo Med 100 watt PowerSun for her? Is that the bulb that you have dimmed down?

If the tank is a 20 gallon or even a 30 gallon, it is too small for her, especially since there isn't even room for a basking log.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As I said before I think a couple times, I do not use the powersun. That was when I first got her a couple years ago, and I think I had it for a half a day or something.

Yup, working on getting a bigger enclosure. Her basking spot is a hammock atm.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think the problem was mostly i wasn't giving her enough protein. i'm trying not to give her so much because she is fat! But, she's basking more since i gave her those roaches...

Sorry for being a tad snippy..i get irritated easy when it comes to repeating myself. If i may, i'd like to make a suggestion:

if possible, make a section in a member's profile to list out their current set up, foods and other such info. Have it mandatory for this information to receive feedback, this way both you (mostly you!) won't have to repeat the same questions over and over, you have half or more of your information right there. :) This way the it's always accessible without having to sift through a large thread.

...or is it already there and i don't know and talking through my butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom