I've made my decision :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing countless hours of research on my top 3 favorite reptiles (crested geckos, leopard geckos, and beardies), I've decided I want a bearded dragon. The first reason is because I want something that enjoys being handled and although leopard geckos and crested geckos are pretty docile, bearded dragons have the most beautiful personalities out of the three. The second reason is because I want a reptile that I can take outside and walk around with on my back in the summer. I've seen people walk around with their snakes but what about with a bearded dragon? Now that's pretty epic :D!

I've done all my research on beardies and I've had all my questions answered on them thus far. I'm saving up $500 to get everything I will need. About $300 is going towards the beardies supplies, $100 just in case I need to make a vet visit and the other $100 is going towards phoenix worms and veggies.

I want be getting my new beardie until late May or June but even though that is about 4 - 5 months away, I'm very excited! This will not be my first pet reptile but this will be my first reptile since 2002. I'll be 18 in May :) .

Critter

Hatchling Member
Congrats on deciding to get a Beardie. If you are going to take your Beardie outside in Summer like you said and walk around with it on your back then I recommend a reptile leash for it. They can be pretty quick when they want to be and I personally would never take mine outside unless it was on some sort of leash. It could easily escape you.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Congrats on deciding to get a beardie! You won't regret your decision.. And we will see if u can wait till May or June...lol I doubt u will b able to refrain... ha ha When I joined this forum it fueled the fire even more...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom