Its scaring me! Is this Bad? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
My female bearded dragon is pregnut! She is digging None stop!! To feed her, ih have to take her out of the cage so she wont dig, just to give you an idea of how much she digs. BUT, She dosent lay any eggs! She diggs in one spot for about a hour, sticks her butt it to it, then goes to a different place a diggs for a hour, and does the same thing over and over agian! THATS IT! Its really scareing me! please help D:
-Hannah
:( :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

gjclews

Right, this is just my opinion. I dont know what laying area you have provided so you should have a great big container for her to lay in that is filled about 10 inches deep. I use a sand and vermiculite mixture and it must be damp, not wet so that a tunnel can be dug. I find that patting the sand down and then making a hole for the start of the tunnel encourages them to start digging. If she is ready to lay, she wont eat anyway. The eggs fill the abdomen so much that there is no space for food. i would give her a warm saok for a short time and then put her back in. How many days has she been digging for? Is she still eating? Also i cover my laying box half way to give her some privacy, some dont like you to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom