It's only been a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vualk

And i may be seeing things that arent there.. But the new light came in yesterday afternoonso i put it up in addition to the 26 watt reptisun 10 compact... (using the 5.0 that came with it.. for now the 10.0 that i ordered for the large fixture got lost in transit.. They are rushing me another one today )

But it looks to me like she looks a thousand times better already ... She seems perkier.. She is moving her head around much more alert than previous days

today when i came up to her tank she actually took a few steps towards me
Khaleesi -"hey,,, HEY BUDDY.. its time to get out now yes?.... "
Me - "no no girl im sorry but i want you to get at least a few hours of sunshine before i let you out today"
Khaleesi - "OH?... Okay then leave a few of those bugs in here and ill just be hanging out on my rock in this amazing new light"

I imagine thats how that conversation would have went anyway i also notice her beard isn't as dark colored as it has been and she seems to be standing on her back legs alot more, as opposed to just sitting there with them sprawled out looking sad... Posting a few pics

96993-8582972977.jpg
96993-6853657747.jpg
96993-132810367.jpg

Vualk

Original Poster
Thanks So much .. AHBD, Ellen , and Cooper (so sorry if i forget anyone) For all of the time you have invested into me and my Scary Dragon over the past few days.. I know we aren't out of the woods yet.. But i see a recovery on the horizon now...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks like she's doing well in that photo. The 5.0 bulb is a step up from the compact but when the 10.0 bulb gets there it should make a huge difference for her.

Vualk

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2mev7lop said:
She looks like she's doing well in that photo. The 5.0 bulb is a step up from the compact but when the 10.0 bulb gets there it should make a huge difference for her.

10.0 bulb got here today... and ofc its broken .. petco is going to first class 1 day ship me another one.. Second time this particular order has been screwed up ..

And she FINALLY pooed.. It definately was not normal however.. It was extremely hard like little to no run at all

Vualk

Original Poster
there was not very much poo however and as stated it is very solid..

Should i keep giving her the prune honey and oil for a few days in case she is still backed up?

Vualk

Original Poster
Put her out in the floor to let her roam for an hour or so last night.. She is ABSOLUTELY walking better than before... Still has a slight limp but no where near as pronounced as before... we are on the recovery and this is a great thing...

gonna go to my local hobby lobby today and get the necessities for tricking out her breeder so she can have a much comfier home while i work on building "the big one" .. then i might get two more babies and seperate the Extra long large tank i have... Until they grow.. Then have room for all three

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great news that is ! How happy you must be feeling, and I'm happy for you. :) I do want to mention that you probably should not house 3 beardies in one large tank [ I think that's what you alluded to as plans for the future enclosure ] There is a good chance for trouble, especially if they are introduced at different times. Oh, and don't change her tank now....beardies mostly don't like change. We think wer'e giving them an upgrade on decor and they're like . Hey ! Who changed my room around....where's my couch that I love ? Or something like that in beardie language. :)

Vualk

Original Poster
AHBD":2ea3ok0p said:
Great news that is ! How happy you must be feeling, and I'm happy for you. :) I do want to mention that you probably should not house 3 beardies in one large tank [ I think that's what you alluded to as plans for the future enclosure ] There is a good chance for trouble, especially if they are introduced at different times. Oh, and don't change her tank now....beardies mostly don't like change. We think wer'e giving them an upgrade on decor and they're like . Hey ! Who changed my room around....where's my couch that I love ? Or something like that in beardie language. :)

Oh no no i am not going to house 3 of them together... I have the 40 gal breeder and one ... CRAZY super long one that i will divide in the middle basically like 2 seperate enclosures... .. then once i finish the large wooden one i am planning on building i will have 3 seperate enclosures ..

And it will take me a while to decorate anything for the lady .. still deciding what i want to do.. And i want her fully recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom