It's been a while! New Addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may or may not remember Spazz and Syko.

Spazz is now 15.5" long from tip to tip.
600069_10152595226640054_1353449316_n.jpg

And quite the cuddle bug with my reptile-fearing sister
19723_10152595228600054_1680328220_n.jpg

The nameless dragon is now "Syko", via one of my fiance's friends, and is now 14", tip to tip.
644321_10152595218500054_349375303_n.jpg

But only slightly calmer than as a baby.
382367_10152595218675054_2025619954_n.jpg

Our new family member is Phantom - assumed female, my friend purchased her the same day as I purchased Syko, they were approximately the same size as well. My friend was having difficulty taming her (she was very nippy and lunged whenever any hands came near her until about a week ago, Syko stopped this behavior about 2 months after being purchased) and asked if we'd take her in since she wanted her to go to a 'healthy beardie home' (we met someone through the breeder who takes very poor care of his dragons, doesn't pay much attention to their needs, etc -they're UV and calcium deficient, he offered to pay her more for Phantom, my friend declined when I said we'd take her in.) Both she and Syko were hatched approximately July 2012 according to the breeder, not sure if they were same clutch (breeder didn't track well, won't be using him in the future), but are sired by the same male. She is extremely small seeming (pudgy around the legs and tail, but otherwise very frail feeling compared to Syko, not injured frail, but tiny) and is only about 12" long. My friend has owned beardies in the past and never had one grow as slowly as she is - she feeds a mix of small dubias and crickets with pre-mixed veggies - her other beardies are big and healthy. We raised Spazz and Syko on a diet of mostly crickets, some dubias, horned worms and the occasional superworm with daily fresh veggies and fruits.

539545_10152595206175054_1772124401_n.jpg

72601_10152595206185054_519526924_n.jpg

21667_10152595206225054_1420775695_n.jpg

I'm worried about parasites and have limited options for good reptile-knowledgeable vets in my area. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Small size is really the only symptom, as well as minor food aversion the first few days she was here, the appetite is starting to come back it seems. We are keeping all items separate from the other two and sanitize thoroughly between handling them - we also take care of the established two first before tending to Phantom.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). They are all nice looking! If you want to you can do in home fecal tests. You can buy them from www.beardeddragon.co they are cheap and easy to read. And also they sell the meds on their site for pretty cheap.

MNBeardedDragons

Original Poster
Phantom's appetite has increased drastically this evening, but I noticed when I dropped some of the small superworms in with her she tended to 'miss' them a few times before she actually pulled them in her mouth, sometimes making contact, sometimes missing repeatedly - she doesn't seem to have this problem at all with the almost dozen crickets I dropped in with her.

brittani299 | Thank you for the link, I might have to pick one up soon here!
PhatSprinter | Thank you! Gotta love it this time of year, all cold and icy but warm and dry in the beardie room!
jacody | Thank you! We're pretty proud of our little trio! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom