It is winter time obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabinx92

A few questions.

1. What is the point of wrapping them into a burrito(blanket wrap) when they are cold blooded?

2. It is starting to get chilly around here, My beardie has been sleeping a bit more, is that normal?(Like when a bear hibernates?)

3. What is the best way to keep them warm at night?

4. My bearded dragon has not pooped regularly and I want to fix this problem as soon as it becomes severe :(

Edit* I EXTREMELY fear of impaction please let me know what to do he has not pooped for a week.

OrlyBloomerzBaby

Hatchling Member
jabinx92":1uvuagiw said:
A few questions.

1. What is the point of wrapping them into a burrito(blanket wrap) when they are cold blooded?

2. It is starting to get chilly around here, My beardie has been sleeping a bit more, is that normal?(Like when a bear hibernates?)

3. What is the best way to keep them warm at night?

4. My bearded dragon has not pooped regularly and I want to fix this problem as soon as it becomes severe :(

Edit* I EXTREMELY fear of impaction please let me know what to do he has not pooped for a week.

the "Burrito actually keeps what ever heat they have collected inside radiading heat throughout the "burrito" and they seem to like it. My beardie Spyke does.

Bearded dragons do Brumate. It is much like hibernation except instead of lasting months it only usually lasts a few weeks. and sometimes they will eat a little bit through out. It is normal.

A ceramic heat emitter works for keeping warm at night if needed.

As for pooping I'm not and expert but when Spyke hasn't gone in a while or seems impacted I use Applesauce with a little bit of Vegtable oil. I can't remember the ratio as now I just eye it. One of the Mods could better help you with that.

Hope I helped a little bit.

~Caitlynn & Spyke

minipumpkin

Hatchling Member
Do u know where I could order a burrito from? can you get small ones or do you jut order a normal baby burrito??
Thanx
x

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
There is a link on here for burritos and other blankies from a lady who makes them. Her dragon was very very sick and
required surgery. She is making and selling the blankies as a way to help with the vet bills. Sadly the dragon fought
bravely but lost her battle.
If you look under the forsale forum you will find it.

jabinx92

Original Poster
1.What are good exact names of apple sauce or baby food I can get at the store?
(I do not want to get commercial applesauce that has too much sugar etc,I have olive oil so we are OK on that)

2.My bearded dragon sleeps in the same room as I do, does the black ceramic heat emitter glow?(I enjoy sleeping when it is pitch black)

3.What is the safest temperature room temperature they can sleep in? I live in Northern California and at night the temperature is a cool 60 degrees. (Warmer inside probably cause I am also sleeping in there too)

4.I have had my bearded dragon for 2 years now, do you think he skipped his first year because he was just too young?

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
jabinx92":1tzub2yg said:
1.What are good exact names of apple sauce or baby food I can get at the store?
(I do not want to get commercial applesauce that has too much sugar etc,I have olive oil so we are OK on that)

2.My bearded dragon sleeps in the same room as I do, does the black ceramic heat emitter glow?(I enjoy sleeping when it is pitch black)

3.What is the safest temperature room temperature they can sleep in? I live in Northern California and at night the temperature is a cool 60 degrees. (Warmer inside probably cause I am also sleeping in there too)

4.I have had my bearded dragon for 2 years now, do you think he skipped his first year because he was just too young?

1. Not sure
2. No the ceramic heaters do not emit light of any kind.
3. I believe that as long as the temperatures in the cage don't drop below 65 you should be ok.
4. From what I've heard some dragons just don't brumate while others will do it every year.

jabinx92

Original Poster
Today I went to Petco and bought temperature guages, a night light(not am emitter), and a sweet fake skull decoration as a "get well, and hope you have a good brumation." haha

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
i just use a regular pice of fleece for malibus burrito....i just wrap her up like you would a baby...then cover her face with the tip.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I just use Mott's applesauce NATURAL. No sugar or cinnamon. If I'm out at organic food stores, I'll buy her the good stuff. Just look at the ingredients list.
As for burritos, I really don't think it is as much about the warmth as it is the security. My little one will sometimes panic if we are out and about, but if I have her wrapped in her blankie she is much calmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom