It goes in but it dosn't come back out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus

Yeah thats right, my beardie eats locust, butterworms & fruit/veg, but he dosn't pooped for like 4 or more days at a time, i just got him a new repti-sun 10.0 uv tube last weekend, he gets bathed every 4 or 5 days(going to give him one in a minute). He always sits on the coolest side of the cage on his log, i try to keep the temp at 105F on basking rock but i think my thermostat is broken because this morning when i woke up it was 123F!!!! i turn it down a little and then it goes to 98F :? if im lucky i can get it to 105F but next time i check it will be way off again, he does bask sometimes but only when i put him on his basking rock. Could it be the temps that are stopping him from passing his food? if it is how can i get the temps right without the thermostat(i can't take it back for a refund i got it 320miles away before i moved & that was a while ago) if needs be i'll order a new thermostat, but isnt there a way i can get the right temps without it?

Quick replys much appritiated.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Have you tried giving a daily warm bath to help him go? I wouldn't keep feeding bugs if he is not passing them. Temps do play a part in the digestion.

Markus

Original Poster
After i posted the last message i went to get him to take him for a bath and he had done a poop =) it wasn't the biggest but it was of reasonable size, it had undigested locust in it and little red balls... could of been eyeballs or part of the butterworms or somthing but i thought i best check on here just incase anyone has seen it before and its something bad... I have a picture of it if you need to see it say and ill post... otherwise ill leave it off the forum lol not the nicest thing to see when your just browsing is it :roll:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Marcus, since that was the case, no more hard prey items until he poos freely. Just feed veggies, and offer pureed 100% pumpkin, just a little bit, to help out with the poos.
Janie.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
what substrate are you using?
What thermometer are you using for temps. If they arent getting enough heat after eating, the food will not digest properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom