Issue with shed.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova just shed. Her entire tail, back legs and bottom part of her belly. Well, this morning, the shed on her whole tail finally came off but since she woke up today, she's been walking around and wiggling her tail. Like, she's wagging her tail like a snake or like a worm. It's not just the tip of her tail wagging, like when they head bob and stuff, but it's her entire tail and it's just...whipping back and forth and it looks like she's kinda dragging her vent area when she does it. Could she still be itchy, even after the shed coming off.? Nothing is stuck, I don't see any tail injury (she lets me touch and move her whole tail) and I don't really see a vent injury or anything, it looks normal.

Is this tail swishing normal right after shedding.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nova just shed. Her entire tail, back legs and bottom part of her belly. Well, this morning, the shed on her whole tail finally came off but since she woke up today, she's been walking around and wiggling her tail. Like, she's wagging her tail like a snake or like a worm. It's not just the tip of her tail wagging, like when they head bob and stuff, but it's her entire tail and it's just...whipping back and forth and it looks like she's kinda dragging her vent area when she does it. Could she still be itchy, even after the shed coming off.? Nothing is stuck, I don't see any tail injury (she lets me touch and move her whole tail) and I don't really see a vent injury or anything, it looks normal.

Is this tail swishing normal right after shedding.?
Not heard of this one --- can you post a pic of her and the vent area I am flagging AHBD see if she has some ideas
@AHBD

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Not heard of this one --- can you post a pic of her and the vent area I am flagging AHBD see if she has some ideas
@AHBD
Here is her tail and her vent. She does have a kink in her tail but she's always had it and I don't think it's the bones. I've seen the X-ray of her body and her bones looked fine. She's stopped doing it so I think it was something bothering/itching but it was definitely weird. Her entire tail was swishing like... Like a cat tail or like a snake when it slithers or something

Attachments

• 20240307_145308.jpg
    20240307_145308.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240307_145330.jpg
    20240307_145330.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240307_145329.jpg
    20240307_145329.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 18

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Here is her tail and her vent. She does have a kink in her tail but she's always had it and I don't think it's the bones. I've seen the X-ray of her body and her bones looked fine. She's stopped doing it so I think it was something bothering/itching but it was definitely weird. Her entire tail was swishing like... Like a cat tail or like a snake when it slithers or something
Could she see the other dragons? Snickers swishes her tail at Sinatra a lot and at Ruby sometimes.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Could she see the other dragons? Snickers swishes her tail at Sinatra a lot and at Ruby sometimes.
No, it wasn't like that kind of swish. Her entire tail from base to tip was swishing, like a snake slithering away quickly and she'd kinda drag/press her whole area where her vent is into the whatever she was walking on. Like she was trying to get something off of her that was near her vent or on the underside of her tail. It was weird as hell, she did it every few seconds for several minutes

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Are you sure the tail has already shed completely? It looks kind of still discolored towards the tip...

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Are you sure the tail has already shed completely? It looks kind of still discolored towards the tip...
When her beard is black or darkened at all, or even when her beard isn't but her back gets dark, the last quarter of her tail gets just as dark. It's weird but it's always done that. Her entire tail shed in one piece the other day.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
When her beard is black or darkened at all, or even when her beard isn't but her back gets dark, the last quarter of her tail gets just as dark. It's weird but it's always done that. Her entire tail shed in one piece the other day.
Ah okey, my boy only turns his tail dark if he is really really angry ;)
How is she doing today? All good or still acting strange?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ah okey, my boy only turns his tail dark if he is really really angry ;)
How is she doing today? All good or still acting strange?
She stopped doing it later that day so I guess she was just real itchy. 😂

Yeah, mine are all overdramatic and here lately, Nova has been acting real dominant and territorial toward our other girl. Like full on headbob and foot stomp and will jump down and scratch to try to get into her tank. I swear they're all like moody 16 year olds 😂😂

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom