Is this Yellow Fungus for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I scheduled an appointment with a vet that works with exotic reptiles for tomorrow, but I would still like your guys' opinions on this. Even if it's nothing after the appointment I'll be glad to have a local vet that I could go to if anything else goes wrong.

Hey, I posted a topic about a weird patch of skin on my bearded dragon and people are saying that it is possibly yellow fungus. I am not doubting this person I just wanted everyone to give their opinion on this if they have had experience with it before before I bring her to the vet since that is not cheap and would be a huge dent in our budget.

0XvdCJx.png

It is so hard to get a clear picture of her leg with my phone, that one was taken with my sister's $800 camera that I am not allowed to use without her, so I won't be able to get another good picture for several hours. Until then, PLEASE let me know what you guys think because I am very worried about this.

If it is yellow fungus, is it fatal at this time and can I cure it before it is? Is this able to be done without her losing any limbs?

Thank you all very much for your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That appears fungal, but is it a bite or an injury?
Is that the only area on her that looks that way then?
Have you been treating it with lamisil cream daily to see if that helps improve the appearance of it at all?
The only true way to determine if it is fungal is doing a skin scraping to culture it at the lab to see if it grows fungus. That way if it is, treatment can be started immediately to keep it from spreading further. Early treatment can save her life.
Is she eating normally?

Tracie

AnthonysGotMilk

Original Poster
Drache613":387vcq02 said:
Hello,

That appears fungal, but is it a bite or an injury?
Is that the only area on her that looks that way then?
Have you been treating it with lamisil cream daily to see if that helps improve the appearance of it at all?
The only true way to determine if it is fungal is doing a skin scraping to culture it at the lab to see if it grows fungus. That way if it is, treatment can be started immediately to keep it from spreading further. Early treatment can save her life.
Is she eating normally?

Tracie

She is eating like a beast! It is not like that anywhere else on her body. I just applied Lamisil to the leg for the first time today. I have that vet appointment tomorrow and I will see if they can do a culture. Is there anything else I can do to help her?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, let us know how the vet visit goes. Maybe if it isn't spreading, then it wont end up being yellow fungus, but maybe just a basic fungus or even dirty, retained shed perhaps.
I am happy to hear that she is eating so well, that is terrific!
Just continue with the lamisil now & try to get her on some probiotics such a non dairy soy yogurt flavored or non flavored, or non dairy acidophiliz.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom