Is this pic normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
He is still not eating. He is eating about 1 cc a day of fluker's repta aid. When I put him down to feed him it today he lifted up his back leg and just held it up in the air. I have never seen him do this before... is this normal? He still won't eat any crickets. I am not sure how long he can go on like this.

Not sure if this is a good pic for you to see his leg, but his leg is just up in the air. Is this normal for a bearded dragon to do this with their back legs?

DSCN0673.jpg

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Because he wont eat anything else...at all. And I read that you can give bd's this until they eat on their own.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Have you fixed all of the lighting and temp issues that you were having yet? That is probably why he is not eating. Some of it could be relocation stress too.

As for the leg thing...i don't think its a bad thing. They are quite silly at times and do strange things. As long as he can use the leg(s) then I wouldnt stress over it.

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK...thanks.
I have taken out the old UV lamp and am going tonight to get the recommended one. Also, his body is two different colors. The left and right side are an orangeish kind of color and the middle (all the way to his tail) is a grayish kind of color. Is he going through shedding? I do not see any actual signs of the shedding (no signs of skin coming off).

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like a shed!! In a day or so it should be peeling up! Also you can bathe him to help ease the shed!! Good luck..

Edit: Also are you supplementing him with any calcium?

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks... I do bathe him everyday.
Today was the first time I put calcium in his bath water. (I was hoping he would drink some). Can it still be absorbed into his body just by sitting in the tub?
Other then that, I sprinkle calcium in a bowl of juvenille bearded dragon canned food that I keep in his cage...he won't touch it at all. The only thing I have gotten him to eat was about 1cc of the repti aid. I am going out today to get some baby food... I hope that helps, because he is not getting anything in his belly but the aid. :(

Rachella

Juvie Member
Hmm.. I was wondering if it might be impaction? Has he been pooping often? If he hasn't been pooping, give his tummy a nice, gentle massage in a warm bath ((and let him soak for about fifteen to thirty minutes)) and see if he'll lick up some applesauce from a spoon.

The lifting leg thing isn't exactly a -normal- behaviour for a beardie and impaction was the first thing I thought of when I saw the image. So that's just my guess.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I would try mixing some baby food with greens and calcium! You can also try some PWs. Im sure he will absorb some calcium in with the water. Is the white marks on him from the calcium from the water?

Loganator

Juvie Member
About the not eating thing, I'm betting that the new light will make all difference! Once you get the correct UVB, I'm sure he will start eating. We had the same problem in the very beginning (bad pet store info). When we got a good UVB bulb on him, it was like we had a new dragon. Ate like a champ!

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":42a82 said:
I would try mixing some baby food with greens and calcium! You can also try some PWs. Im sure he will absorb some calcium in with the water. Is the white marks on him from the calcium from the water?

No, what white marks do you mean? :(

I gave him a bath after I took that pic. Also, the lines underneath his belly (the black lines) is that a normal thing, or is that stress? They are always on him.

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Loganator":79908 said:
About the not eating thing, I'm betting that the new light will make all difference! Once you get the correct UVB, I'm sure he will start eating. We had the same problem in the very beginning (bad pet store info). When we got a good UVB bulb on him, it was like we had a new dragon. Ate like a champ!
Thanks!! This makes me feel so much better! I have seriously fell in love with this little guy and I was crying the past few days thinking that he isnt going to make it. I hope so much that once I get this new uv light it will make the world of difference!

Thank you all so much for the info... I might keep being a pain, but thats what you all are here for right?!!! :D

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Im sorry, I mean the grayish kind of color you said! And yes they are stress marks! Like said before this can all be caused by the wrong uvb!!

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK... Im keeping my fingers crossed that once I get the right uv light all this will clear up?

Can I get it from pet smart? Which is the best one to get at a pet store?

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rachella":51c69 said:
Hmm.. I was wondering if it might be impaction? Has he been pooping often? If he hasn't been pooping, give his tummy a nice, gentle massage in a warm bath ((and let him soak for about fifteen to thirty minutes)) and see if he'll lick up some applesauce from a spoon.

The lifting leg thing isn't exactly a -normal- behaviour for a beardie and impaction was the first thing I thought of when I saw the image. So that's just my guess.

He doesnt poop much at all. Yesterday he pooped a white tiny droplet, and it was liquidy. He lifted up his butt when he did this. And I noticed this AM that there is a harder looking black poop in his cage. It is also very small, but doesnt look very runny.

From all the info I have read on this forum, I have learned to rub his belly with each bath. And I usually let him soak for only about 5 minutes... I am going to up the timing more next time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom