Is this ok??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeanjr

Hi all, my baby bearded dragon we got about a month ago from petco is growing but still hasnt shed. Also he is gaining a bit of a belly, Is that ok or are we feeding him too much? I didnt weigh or measure him until about a week or so after we got him, he started at just under 8" and 20g, he is now 9" and 26g. We have had him about a month i would say, maybe a few days more. should he have shed by now? obviously he didnt start eating for a week or so but he is growing decently. here is a pic of his belly...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He actually looks very good. A little round belly is a good thing too. You should let him be the judge of when he wants to stop eating each time. How many times a day are you giving him feeders? Do you offer all he wants to eat each time in about a 10 to 15 min time frame?

Does he like any greens/veggies? If so, which ones?

jdeanjr

Original Poster
due to my schedule he is on 2 feedings a day, 10am and around 4pm. keeps different greens in his bowl all day everyday, idk which ones, i gave my wife the staple list and told her to get a few different ones. and we throw in different fruits and stuff some days. he usually eats about 8-12 dubias each feeding. i offer until he wont eat them. he poos daily sometimes twice i day so i figured everything was ok lol. his legs and stuff are starting to fill out as well. i was just concerned about the lack of shedding. its been a year since spike was so young and i dont remember how often they shed.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may start showing some signs of shedding soon.

Are you dusting his feeders with calcium & vitamins? If so, how often do you use each?

jdeanjr

Original Poster
calcium w/ d3 one feeding, mon-fri, vitamin dust 1 feeding sat-sun. bath usually everyday, we miss a day if were too busy. but no more than one day here and there.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that you're giving frequent baths. You're dusting perfectly with the supplements, good job.

Your beardie has very pretty coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom