Is this normal

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
My bearded dragon is in his basking spot hes standing front legs extendednhead high looking up is this normal?
I checked the temps there 100
He doesnt eat alot he eats only a few bugs a day ( he wont take anymore)
Ive had him for 3 days now today is the first day he ate crickets he wont eat out his bowl either and doesnt run around his tank he stays in the same couple spots all day

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is in his basking spot hes standing front legs extendednhead high looking up is this normal?
Ive had him for 3 days now today is the first day he ate crickets he wont eat out his bowl either and doesnt run around his tank he stays in the same couple spots all day
He's going thru relocation stress- but he should be moving around his tank-- please go over the surface basking temps--how are you taking them? Your uvb ? Coil or long tube fixture?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is he looking straight up, like he's staring up into the sky.? Or does he just have his head extended up.? How old is he.? Do you have a photo of him doing this.?

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
Is he looking straight up, like he's staring up into the sky.? Or does he just have his head extended up.? How old is he.? Do you have a photo of him doing this.?
Yeah hell look up like right into the basking light hes about 1-2 months old

Attachments

• AAFCFAAE-C8D5-4173-A123-E4A2783F5C4B.jpeg
    AAFCFAAE-C8D5-4173-A123-E4A2783F5C4B.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 76

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I take them with my temp gun my uvb is a tube reptissun 10.0
Temp guns are good but not as accurate as the digital probe thermometer - temp guns can be off because of certain materials basking decor is made from - please get 2 digital probes one for your basking side and one for the cool side of the tank -- the UVB is where in the tank ? top of screen or inside the tank? Your screen will determine where the UVB goes and is it a T 5 bulb or a T 8 bulb another factor

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
Temp guns are good but not as accurate as the digital probe thermometer - temp guns can be off because of certain materials basking decor is made from - please get 2 digital probes one for your basking side and one for the cool side of the tank -- the UVB is where in the tank ? top of screen or inside the tank? Your screen will determine where the UVB goes and is it a T 5 bulb or a T 8 bulb another factor
It is ontop of the screen i couldnt figure out how to moubt it in the tank its a t8 i believe

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yeah hell look up like right into the basking light hes about 1-2 months old
It's hard to tell from that angle if that's stargazing but I don't think so. When I got Toothless, he was maybe three months old, closer to two and didn't move around his tank either. He stayed in his basking spot. I would spend a lot of time talking softly to him and would offer his food from tweezers. And I did that for three days, four times a day and he'd eat. And now, he's almost a year old, a huge monster and the biggest baby I've ever met. He's definitely going through relocation stress so try feeding him with tweezers/prongs. Do his eyes look sunken, like do his eyes look like that of a bloodhound, if that makes sense.?

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
It is ontop of the screen i couldnt figure out how to moubt it in the tank its a t8 i believe
Can you show me a picture on where on the basking spot i ahould put it ( i keep reading dont put where they can chew do u have an example on where to put it)

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
It's hard to tell from that angle if that's stargazing but I don't think so. When I got Toothless, he was maybe three months old, closer to two and didn't move around his tank either. He stayed in his basking spot. I would spend a lot of time talking softly to him and would offer his food from tweezers. And I did that for three days, four times a day and he'd eat. And now, he's almost a year old, a huge monster and the biggest baby I've ever met. He's definitely going through relocation stress so try feeding him with tweezers/prongs. Do his eyes look sunken, like do his eyes look like that of a bloodhound, if that makes sense.?
I cant really tell hes semi eating and pooping and peeing but he will only eat food right infront of him he will not hunt of it i have to plop it infront n make sure it stays infront for him to eat yesterday he ate 4 crickets today 1 crickets one worm so far ive tried to look at examples of sunkibg eyes i cant really tell if they are i thought maybe he wasnt taken care of right before i got him maybe dehydrated so i bathed him n gave him water he seemed better right after moving around but he stays basking n eats minimul will only eat worms sometimes from tweezers never crickets

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
I cant really tell hes semi eating and pooping and peeing but he will only eat food right infront of him he will not hunt of it i have to plop it infront n make sure it stays infront for him to eat yesterday he ate 4 crickets today 1 crickets one worm so far ive tried to look at examples of sunkibg eyes i cant really tell if they are i thought maybe he wasnt taken care of right before i got him maybe dehydrated so i bathed him n gave him water he seemed better right after moving around but he stays basking n eats minimul will only eat worms sometimes from tweezers never crickets
5882C403-9578-4A04-B851-93DACCFB4FDC.jpg
Thats the best photo i can get of his eyes that i have

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
100f is a little on the low side for a baby like yours. You want to use a digital probe to get his basking temps in the 105-110f range. Give the probe 20-30min to fully warm up and get an accurate reading.

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
100f is a little on the low side for a baby like yours. You want to use a digital probe to get his basking temps in the 105-110f range. Give the probe 20-30min to fully warm up and get an accurate reading.
Is there a brand better then others im gonna get two probe ones instead of using my gun for temps

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It's not start gazing. Star gazing is a symptom of adv and is a permanent condition, once it happens their head is stuck in that position from then on. He is just soaking up the heat, it is perfectly normal.
That's what I thought but my first lizard was stargazing before he died and we didn't know it but he'd do it then stop so I wasn't 100%.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom